You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- One Search
- A-Z Databases
Books, DVDs & More
- Subject Guides
- Past Exams
- Research Online @ JCU
Visiting the Library
- Open Access Resources
- Subject Guides
Online Information Skills Training
- Endnote Library Guide
- The Learning Centre
- Referencing Library Guide
- Annotated Bibliography
- Literature Reviews
Interlibrary Loans & Document Supply
- Off Campus Library Service
Copying, Printing, Binding & Laminating
Group Study Rooms
Improving the Library
- Client Service Charter
- Social Media, Suggestions & Feedback
- Opening Hours
Items on loan or located on another campus in Australia, may be reserved by placing a hold request.
- JCU students or staff residing in Australia but living further than 50 kilometres from either the JCU Townsville or Cairns Campuses please refer to Off Campus Library Service for placing requests.
- Students and staff in Singapore cannot to place holds.
- Print books are not mailed overseas; for example you cannot request a book held in Singapore if you are on an Australian campus.
- Community borrowers are unable to place a request on short term loan items.
To place a request:
- Search for the item you want
- Click on the title you would like to request
- A new window will open showing the item's catalogue information page
- Click on the button on the right of this screen
- You will be prompted to login with your JCU UserID (e.g. jc123456) and password (Community borrowers use your card number and PIN)
- Confirm the campus you would like to collect the item from and press “Request”
Once the item is available for you to collect, you will receive an email (and/or SMS) notice with the hold expiration date. Please collect your hold before this date, as these items are reshelved on this date soon after opening. Requested items will be located on the Holds shelf at your selected campus library until the date the hold expires.
Items on the Holds shelf are shelved by the call number. Please bring your email with you so that you can find your item on the shelf. You will be able to use the self-serve machine to check out the item and print the date due slip. Please note, a specific copy of the item will be held for you. If there is more than one copy of the item on the holds shelf, you will only be able to check out the one that is held for you.
If an item is on a 12 week loan, you may still borrow it. Place a request and the item will be recalled once the original borrower has had the item for 21 days.