Items on loan or located on another campus in Australia, may be reserved by placing a hold request.
- JCU students or staff residing in Australia but living further than
50 kilometres from either the JCU Townsville or Cairns Campuses please refer to Off Campus Library Service for placing requests.
- Students and staff in Singapore cannot to place holds.
- Print books are not mailed overseas; for example you cannot request a book held in Singapore if you are on an Australian campus.
- Community borrowers are unable to place a request on short term loan items.
To place a request:
- Search for the item you want
- Click on the title you would like to request
- A new window will open showing the item's catalogue information page
- Click on the button on the right of this screen
- You will be prompted to login with your JCU UserID (e.g. jc123456) and password (Community borrowers use your card number and PIN)
- Confirm the campus you would like to collect the item from and press “Request”
Once the item is available for you to collect, you will receive an email (and/or SMS) notification with the hold expiration date. Please collect your hold before this date.
If an item is on a 12 week loan, you may still borrow it. Place a request and the item will be recalled once the original borrower has had the item for 21 days.