You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- One Search
- A-Z Databases
Books, DVDs & More
- Subject Guides
- Past Exams
- Research Online @ JCU
Visiting the Library
- Open Access Resources
- Subject Guides
Online Information Skills Training
- Endnote Library Guide
- The Learning Centre
- Referencing Library Guide
- Annotated Bibliography
- Literature Reviews
Interlibrary Loans & Document Supply
- Off Campus Library Service
Copying, Printing, Binding & Laminating
Group Study Rooms
Improving the Library
- Client Service Charter
- Social Media, Suggestions & Feedback
- Opening Hours
You can continue to make good use of your JCU Library after leaving the University to support your career, your professional development, and life-long learning.
Join the Library
Registered JCU Alumni are welcome to join the library. There is no charge for this membership.
To join please bring photo id and proof of current address to the Library.
How many books and for how long?
You may borrow 20 items (standard loan only) for two weeks at a time.
- Items held in short term loan collections, such as 2 day or 2 hour, are only available to JCU staff and students for loan.
- Materials can be renewed unless requested by another borrower.
- You are resposible for noting your due date and returning or renewing your items on time. Library notices will be sent by email where available, including courtesy reminders, recalls, holds, and financial notices. An SMS option is also available for Library notices, please ask Library staff. Please note that these are a courtesy to our users, and you should note the due date when you borrow the items.
- All Library materials must be returned in good condition on or before the due date or time indicated. Replacement charges will apply to lost or damaged materials. The Library does not accept items purchased elsewhere as replacements for lost or damaged materials. the Library does not refund monies for lost items later returned (you may retain the item or donate it back to the Library).
- Material not returned or renewed when due will be subject to Library fines and penalties.
- Copying and binding services available (prices on request).
- Walk-in access to the Internet and electronic resources will be provided on an unmediated basis, subject to licence conditions.
- JCU alumni may have remote access to the ProQuest database and the National Geographic Archive. More information is available from JCU alumni. See library FAQs for step by step instructions on alumni database access.
- Access to material at other Universities and libraries is available through Interlibrary loan (fees apply).
- Alumni can access library facilities during our opening hours.