Return items to the Library via the book return chutes near the main entrance.
Use the Express Lending unit to ‘check in’ items and place books in the appropriate return chute.
Items left on trolleys, desks or shelves – or placed in the wrong return chute – are not recorded as returned and, if checked out in your name, may attract overdue fees.
A courtesy email and/or SMS will be sent reminding you to return or renew all items 1 day before the due date. The Library is not responsible for non-receipt of messages. You cannot dispute a penalty because you have not received a notice.
• Click on the My Library Account link on the Library home page
• JCU students and staff enter your JCU login ID and password
• Non-JCU clients enter your library barcode and pin number
• Click on Items on Loan on the My Library Information navigation bar
• Select the items you want to renew using the checkboxes beside them
• Click Renew - the Due Date column will display your new due date
• Items can be renewed with student ID or library card at the Express Lending machine. You do not need to have the books with you.
• Present ID/borrower card to Library staff.
Phone the Townsville Library (4781 5500) or the Cairns Library (4232 1777) and be ready to quote your borrower or student ID number.
• It is your responsibility to record the new due date.
• Items requested by another borrower are unable to be renewed.