You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- One Search
- A-Z Databases
Books, DVDs & More
- Subject Guides
- Past Exams
- Research Online @ JCU
Visiting the Library
- Open Access Resources
- Subject Guides
Online Information Skills Training
- Endnote Library Guide
- The Learning Centre
- Referencing Library Guide
- Annotated Bibliography
- Literature Reviews
Interlibrary Loans & Document Supply
- Off Campus Library Service
Copying, Printing, Binding & Laminating
Group Study Rooms
Improving the Library
- Client Service Charter
- Social Media, Suggestions & Feedback
- Opening Hours
Returns and Renewals
Return items to the Library via the book return chutes near the main entrance.
During library opening times:
Use the Express Lending unit to ‘check in’ items and place books in the appropriate return chute.
Items left on trolleys, desks or shelves – or placed in the wrong return chute – are not recorded as returned and, if checked out in your name, may attract overdue fees.
A courtesy email and/or SMS will be sent reminding you to return or renew all items 1 day before the due date. The Library is not responsible for non-receipt of messages. You cannot dispute a penalty because you have not received a notice.
Via the Web
• Click on the My Library Account link on the Library home page
• JCU students and staff enter your JCU login ID and password
• Non-JCU clients enter your library barcode and pin number
• Click on Items on Loan on the My Library Information navigation bar
• Select the items you want to renew using the checkboxes beside them
• Click Renew - the Due Date column will display your new due date
• Items can be renewed with student ID or library card at the Express Lending machine. You do not need to have the books with you.
• Present ID/borrower card to Library staff.
Phone the Townsville Library (4781 5500) or the Cairns Library (4232 1777) and be ready to quote your borrower or student ID number.
• It is your responsibility to record the new due date.
• Items requested by another borrower are unable to be renewed.