Welcome to your Library
Discover your Library – explore the Library Home Page and take a Library Tour.
See your Library Liaison Contact for a personal orientation to JCU Library and Information Services and learn how the Library can support your teaching and research.
Finding journals and other publications held at JCU
- Start with One Search on the Library Home Page – searches across databases, ejournals and the Library’s print collections (with a small number of exceptions)
- Browse LibGuides
- To find key resources for your discipline
- Subject code guides for assessment specific support
- How to guides, including Referencing
- The InfoHelp service offers face-to-face and online assistance to students and staff searching and accessing resources for research, in addition to referencing (including EndNote support), and first tier IT support.
Ordering publications and other Library resources and requesting reserve items
General Library information
- Your Library is open days, evenings and weekends. Check out Library opening hours and Library locations/spaces.
- Borrow items from your Library. Your staff card is your library borrowing card.
- Intercampus Service – access items on different campuses.
- Off Campus Service – find out what services we offer to off campus students and staff, including free postage for lending books.
- Copyright – check for up to date copyright information for teaching and learning.
- Keep current – subscribe to Library News, the New Books List, join the Library’s social media sites.
- Give us your feedback and suggestions.
Digital and information literacy skills
- Lifelong learning is a quality encouraged in the Graduate Attributes instilled in our students
- The Workshops and Training page includes information on face-to-face and online sessions.
- See your Library Liaison Contact to organise subject-specific tutorials for your students.
- In LearnJCU, the Student Resources and the Staff Resources tabs provides useful information about library resources and services.
- Use ResearchOnline@JCU to load and provide free access to your research outputs.
- For more information about publishing academic research, measuring impact, open access publishing, HERDC and ERA refer to the Research Support Guides.
About your Library Liaison contacts
The Library Liaison service assists you with all library and information related matters including (but not limited to):
- Providing subject specific digital and information literacy classes. This can be a lecture or tutorial, an online collaborate session and / or online resources. Classes are usually focused on providing students with the skills to successfully complete the subject assessment tasks.
- Subject specific collection development
- Planning library support for newly developed courses.
- Locating books, journals and other resources held at JCU.
- Purchasing new resources.
- Assisting with requests for Reserve Online subject readings. All subject readings for a subject should be in Reserve Online to comply with copyright law.
- Providing assistance with publishing, citation metrics and Research Online@JCU.