You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- One Search
- A-Z Databases
Books, DVDs & More
- Subject LibGuides
- Past Exams
- Research Online @ JCU
Visiting the Library
- Open Access Resources
- Subject LibGuides
Online Information Skills Training
- Endnote LibGuide
- The Learning Centre
- Referencing LibGuide
- Annotated Bibliography
- Literature Reviews
Interlibrary Loans & Document Supply
- Off Campus Library Service
Copying, Printing, Binding & Laminating
Group Study Rooms
Improving the Library
- Client Service Charter
- Social Media, Suggestions & Feedback
- Opening Hours
Library information for new staff
Welcome to your Library
See your Library Liaison Contact for a personal orientation to JCU Library and Information Services and learn how the Library can support your teaching and research.
Finding journals and other publications held at JCU
- Start with One Search on the Library Home Page – searches across databases, ejournals and the Library’s print collections (with a small number of exceptions)
- Browse LibGuides
- To find key resources for your discipline
- Subject code guides for assessment specific support
- How to guides, including Referencing
- The InfoHelp service offers face-to-face and online assistance to students and staff searching and accessing resources for research, in addition to referencing (including EndNote support), and first tier IT support.
Ordering publications and other Library resources and requesting reserve items/course readings
- See our Guide to Purchasing Information Resources. Use this Purchase Request Form to request new Library materials.
- Our "reserve" system for course readings is Readings. Use the Readings guide to construct your reading lists and link to LearnJCU. Remember, if you need material digitised, you will need to give the library plenty of advance notice.
- Put physical items for students on Short Term Loan
- Submit an interlibrary loan Document Delivery Request for books and articles not available at JCU.
General Library information
- Your Library is open days, evenings and weekends. Check out Library opening hours and Library locations/spaces.
- Borrow items from your Library. Your staff card is your library borrowing card.
- Intercampus Service – access items on different campuses.
- Off Campus Service – find out what services we offer to off campus students and staff, including free postage for lending books.
- Copyright – check for up to date copyright information for teaching and learning.
- Keep current – subscribe to Library News, the New Books List, join the Library’s social media sites.
- Give us your feedback and suggestions.
Digital and information literacy skills
- Lifelong learning is a quality encouraged in the Graduate Attributes instilled in our students
- The Workshops and Training page includes information on face-to-face and online sessions.
- See your Library Liaison Contact to organise subject-specific tutorials for your students.
- In LearnJCU, the Student Resources and the Staff Resources tabs provides useful information about library resources and services.
- Use ResearchOnline@JCU to load and provide free access to your research outputs.
- For more information about publishing academic research, measuring impact, open access publishing, HERDC and ERA refer to the Research Support Guides.
About your Library Liaison contacts
The Library Liaison service assists you with all library and information related matters including (but not limited to):
- Providing subject specific digital and information literacy classes. This can be a lecture or tutorial, an online collaborate session and / or online resources. Classes are usually focused on providing students with the skills to successfully complete the subject assessment tasks.
- Subject specific collection development
- Planning library support for newly developed courses.
- Locating books, journals and other resources held at JCU.
- Purchasing new resources.
- Assisting with requests and advice regarding Readings lists for course readings. All electronically available readings for a subject or course should be in Readings to comply with copyright law.
- Providing assistance with publishing, citation metrics and Research Online@JCU.