to your Library.
Discover your Library – explore the Library Home Page
and take a Library Tour.
See your Library Liaison
Contact for a personal orientation to JCU Library and
Information Services and learn how the Library can
support your teaching and research.
journals and other publicationsheld at JCU
Search on the Library Home Page –
searches across databases, ejournals and the Library’s print collections
(with a small number of exceptions)
- To find key resources for your discipline
- Subject code guides for assessment specific support
- How to guides, including Referencing
- The Library’s InfoHelp service offers face to face and online assistance to students and staff searching and accessing resources for research, in addition to referencing (including EndNote support), and first tier IT support.
publications and other Library resources; requesting reserve items
Library is open days, evenings and weekends during semester. Check out
hours and Library locations/spaces.
items from your Library. Your staff card is your library borrowing card.
Service – access items on different
Campus Service – find out what services we
offer to off campus students and staff, including free postage for lending
- Copyright –
check for up to date copyright information for teaching and learning.
current – subscribe to Library
News, the New Books List, join the Library’s Social Media sites.
us your feedback
and Information Literacy skills
- Lifelong learning is a
quality encouraged in the Graduate Attributes instilled in our students
- The Workshops
page includes information on face-to-face and online sessions.
- See your Library Liaison Contact to organise subject-specific
tutorials for your students.
- In LearnJCU, the Student Resources and
the Staff Resources tabs provides useful information about library
resources and services.
- Use ResearchOnline@JCU to
load and provide free access to your research outputs.
more information about publishing academic research, measuring impact,
open access publishing, HERDC and ERA refer to the Research
your Library Liaison Contacts
Library Liaison service assists you with all library and information related
matters including (but not limited to):
- Providing subject specific digital and information literacy classes. This can be a lecture or tutorial, an online collaborate session and / or online resources. Classes are usually focused on providing students with the skills to successfully complete the subject assessment tasks.
- Subject specific collection development
- Identifying trends and areas of concern with the College including newly developed courses and the implications for library planning.
- Locating books, journals and other resources held at JCU.
- Purchasing new resources.
- Assisting with requests for Reserve Online subject readings. All subject readings for a subject should be in Reserve Online to comply with copyright law.
- Providing assistance with publishing, citation metrics and Research Online@JCU.