- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- One Search
- A-Z Databases
- Books, DVDs & More
- Journal Articles
- Subject Guides
- Past Exams
- Research Online @ JCU
- Open Access Resources
- Subject Guides
- Online Information Skills Training
- LinkedIn Learning
- Endnote Library Guide
- Copyright - About the JCU Copyright section
- Copyright Officer for the University
- For Undergraduate Students
- For Postgraduate Students
- For Lecturers
- Copyright - Fair Dealing
- ePortfolios & Copyright
- Copyright, the Internet and Music
- Copyright - Creative Commons
- Copyright - Creating Works
- Copyright Warning Notices for Staff
- Copyright Acronyms and Terminology
- ResearchOnline@JCU - Copyright
- Helpful Copyright Links and Resources
- The Learning Centre
- Referencing Library Guide
- Annotated Bibliography
- Literature Reviews
- I am a
- Special Collections
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
You can continue to make good use of your JCU Library after leaving the University to support your career, your professional development, and life-long learning.
Join the Library
Registered JCU Alumni are welcome to join the library. There is no charge for this membership.
To join please bring photo id and proof of current address to the Library. If you wish, you can print and complete the Library Membership registration form.
How many books and for how long?
You may borrow 20 items (standard loan only) for two weeks at a time.
- Items held in short term loan collections, such as 2 day or 2 hour, are only available to JCU staff and students for loan.
- Materials can be renewed unless requested by another borrower.
- You are resposible for noting your due date and returning or renewing your items on time. Library notices will be sent by email where available, including courtesy reminders, recalls, holds, and financial notices. An SMS option is also available for Library notices, please ask Library staff. Please note that these are a courtesy to our users, and the Library is not responsible for non-receipt of messages. You cannot dispute a penalty because you have not received a notice..
- All Library materials must be returned in good condition on or before the due date or time indicated. Replacement charges will apply to lost or damaged materials. The Library does not accept items purchased elsewhere as replacements for lost or damaged materials. the Library does not refund monies for lost items later returned (you may retain the item or donate it back to the Library).
- Material not returned or renewed when due will be subject to Library fines and penalties.
- Copying and binding services available (prices on request).
- Walk-in access to the Internet and electronic resources will be provided on an unmediated basis, subject to licence conditions.
- JCU alumni may have remote access to the ProQuest database and the National Geographic Archive. More information is available from JCU alumni. See library FAQs for step by step instructions on alumni database access.
- Access to material at other Universities and libraries is available through Interlibrary loan (fees apply).
- Alumni can access library facilities during our opening hours.