You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- One Search
- A-Z Databases
Books, DVDs & More
- Subject Guides
- Past Exams
- Research Online @ JCU
Visiting the Library
- Open Access Resources
- Subject Guides
Online Information Skills Training
- Endnote Library Guide
- The Learning Centre
- Referencing Library Guide
- Annotated Bibliography
- Literature Reviews
Interlibrary Loans & Document Supply
- Off Campus Library Service
Copying, Printing, Binding & Laminating
Group Study Rooms
Improving the Library
- Client Service Charter
- Social Media, Suggestions & Feedback
- Opening Hours
Setting up a Remote Desktop Connection
With the Remote Desktop feature, you can remotely control a computer from another office, from home, or while travelling. This allows you to use the data, applications, and network resources that are on your office computer, without being in your office.
To use Remote Desktop, you MUST have:
- The ability to use VPN service to connect your home computer over a safe connection to your computer at work To do this you must have the Fortinet Client installed and configured on your home computer.
DOWNLOAD FortiClient VPN for JCU Windows 32 | Windows 64
- Windows 8 or 10 installed on your office computer (HOST computer) - the machine being operated remotely.
The Remote Desktop Connection software is pre-installed but will need to be enabled and configured before use.
- HOST computer (your computer on the JCU campus) must be turned on.
- Windows 8 or 10 installed on the REMOTE computer - the machine you will connect from, eg: your home PC.
Make sure that you are working over a good internet connection (1.5Mbps is the minimum bandwidth recommended), while low bandwidth connections can be used to remotely control a system, it is not recommended.
For instructions on how to configure your computer and set up RDP choose your Operating System from the list below: