Multimedia Equipment Loans
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- One Search
- A-Z Databases
- Books, DVDs & More
- Journal Articles
- Subject Guides
- Past Exams
- Research Online @ JCU
- Open Access Resources
- Subject Guides
- Online Information Skills Training
- LinkedIn Learning
- Endnote Library Guide
- Copyright - About the JCU Copyright section
- Copyright Officer for the University
- For Undergraduate Students
- For Postgraduate Students
- For Lecturers
- Copyright - Fair Dealing
- ePortfolios & Copyright
- Copyright, the Internet and Music
- Copyright - Creative Commons
- Copyright - Creating Works
- Copyright Warning Notices for Staff
- Copyright Acronyms and Terminology
- ResearchOnline@JCU - Copyright
- Helpful Copyright Links and Resources
- The Learning Centre
- Referencing Library Guide
- Annotated Bibliography
- Literature Reviews
- I am a
- Special Collections
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Multimedia equipment is available for loan or hire by JCU students and staff.
Guidelines for use
- By borrowing on your staff/student ID card you are accepting responsibility for safe return of equipment and agree to payment for any damage or loss that occurs during your loan. University sanctions apply for non-return or non-payment for damaged equipment.
- Bookings can be made by phoning 4781 6870 (Townsville) or 4232 1020 (Cairns).
- Return equipment to staff in person (do not place in returns chutes).
- Late return or loss of multimedia equipment will incur fines and penalties.
- Equipment cannot be renewed online, but can be returned and reborrowed.
ChargeUp mobile charging discs (Townsville only)
- Available for 2 hour loans.
- Can't find an electric power point nearby? ChargeUp mobile discs will keep you going. Each disc has a full charge for your mobile phone or tablet and comes with a range of USB cable connectors (the discs cannot be used for charging laptops).
Data projector (Cairns only)
- Available for 24 hour loan.
Digital video cameras (Cairns only)
- Available for 2 day loan.
Insta360 cameras (Townsville and Cairns)
- Available for 3 Week loans.
- Invisible selfie-stick, SD cards and charging cables included.
- One set with Dive case is available.
Keepads (Townsville only)
- Available for loan till the end of the academic year (no renewals).
- A replacement fee will be charged for the non-return of Keepads (the exact fee depends on the model of keepad). We recommend returning the Keepads in person (do not ask a friend) to ensure they are returned.
Oculus Go VR headset (Townsville and Cairns)
- Available for 3 week loans.
- Pack includes headset, charger and remote control.
USB boundary microphone (Cairns only)
- Available for 3 hour loan.