- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- One Search
- A-Z Databases
- Books, DVDs & More
- Journal Articles
- Subject Guides
- Past Exams
- Research Online @ JCU
- Open Access Resources
- Subject Guides
- Online Information Skills Training
- LinkedIn Learning
- Endnote Library Guide
- Copyright - About the JCU Copyright section
- Copyright Officer for the University
- For Undergraduate Students
- For Postgraduate Students
- For Lecturers
- Copyright - Fair Dealing
- ePortfolios & Copyright
- Copyright, the Internet and Music
- Copyright - Creative Commons
- Copyright - Creating Works
- Copyright Warning Notices for Staff
- Copyright Acronyms and Terminology
- ResearchOnline@JCU - Copyright
- Helpful Copyright Links and Resources
- The Learning Centre
- Referencing Library Guide
- Annotated Bibliography
- Literature Reviews
- I am a
- Special Collections
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Members of the public are welcome to join the Library for a fee of $55.00 per annum (including GST) or $27.50 for 6 months (including GST).
To join please bring photo ID and proof of current address to the Library. If you wish, you can print and complete the Member Registration form.
Year 11 and 12 students
Year 11 and 12 students from local high schools are welcome to join the Library for a fee of $27.50 per annum. A parent or guardian must sign the Member Registration form for those students who are under 18 years of age.
Organisations and businesses are welcome to join the Library for a fee of $300.00 per annum (including GST) for up to four borrowing cards.
To join please bring corporate ID and proof of current address to the Library.
You may borrow 20 standard loans items for two weeks at any one time.
Items held in short term loan collections, such as 2 day or 2 hour, are unable to be borrowed except by JCU staff and students.
Materials can be renewed unless requested by another borrower.
Library notices will be sent by email where available, including courtesy reminders, holds, and financial notices. An SMS option is also available for Library notices, please ask Library staff. The Library is not responsible for non-receipt of messages. You cannot dispute a penalty because you have not received a notice.
All materials must be returned in good condition on or before the due date or time indicated. Replacement charges will apply to lost or damaged materials. The Library does not accept items purchased elsewhere as replacements for lost or damaged materials. The Library does not refund monies paid for lost books later returned (you may retain the item or donate it back to the Library).
Material not returned or renewed when due will be subject to Library fines and penalties.