- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- One Search
- A-Z Databases
- Books, DVDs & More
- Journal Articles
- Subject Guides
- Past Exams
- Research Online @ JCU
- Open Access Resources
- Subject Guides
- Online Information Skills Training
- LinkedIn Learning
- Endnote Library Guide
- Copyright - About the JCU Copyright section
- Copyright Officer for the University
- For Undergraduate Students
- For Postgraduate Students
- For Lecturers
- Copyright - Fair Dealing
- ePortfolios & Copyright
- Copyright, the Internet and Music
- Copyright - Creative Commons
- Copyright - Creating Works
- Copyright Warning Notices for Staff
- Copyright Acronyms and Terminology
- ResearchOnline@JCU - Copyright
- Helpful Copyright Links and Resources
- The Learning Centre
- Referencing Library Guide
- Annotated Bibliography
- Literature Reviews
- I am a
- Special Collections
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Staff and students from Universities participating in the ULANZ Borrowing Scheme can borrow from JCU Library subject to the below conditions.
Join the Library
A fee of $55 applies and membership is for the current academic year only. Borrowing privileges will expire on 28 February of the following year.
To join please bring proof of current enrolment and identification to the Library. If you wish, you may print and complete the Library Membership registration form.
How many and for how long?
You may borrow 20 standard loan items for two weeks at a time.
Items held in short term loan collections, such as 2 day or 2 hour, are unable to be borrowed except by JCU staff and students.
Materials can be renewed unless requested by another borrower.
Library notices will be sent by email where available, including courtesy reminders, recalls, holds, and financial notices. An SMS option is also available for Library notices, please ask Library staff. The Library is not responsible for non-receipt of messages. You cannot dispute a penalty because you have not received a notice.
All materials must be returned in good condition on or before the due date or time indicated.Material not returned or renewed when due will be subject to Library fines and penalties.
Replacement charges will apply to lost or damaged materials. The Library does not accept items purchased elsewhere as replacements for lost or damaged materials. The Library does not refund monies paid for lost items later returned (you may retain the item or donate it back to the Library).
Copying and binding services available (prices on request)
Walk-in access to the Internet and electronic resources will be provided on an unmediated basis, subject to licence conditions
Requests for books from non-JCU libraries should be directed to the reciprocal borrowers’ home institution