You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Step 3 - Plan subjects
The next step is to plan your subjects. If you have studied before, complete an application for credit for previous study.
How do I plan my subjects?
1. Find information about your course in the Course and Subject Handbook. The handbook will show you what subjects you have to enrol in.
2. Select four subjects (some courses may have less) from your level 1 planner and write them down as you go (TIP: use this study planner template). Your subjects will either be core or electives:
- CORE (already on plan): This means you must enrol in the subject listed
- CORE (choose one subject): This means you must enrol in ONE of the subjects listed
- ELECTIVE: this means you must choose ONE subject from the list provided or use Subject Search to choose a subject. For help with subject search, view Subject Search help.
3. Once you have chosen your subjects, you can continue to Step 4 - Timetable .
Credit for prior study
Complete your course in a shorter amount of time by applying for credit for previous study.