You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Subject Search help
How do I find my subject?
If you want to find more information about a particular subject, you can search the subject code in Subject Search.
Type the subject code (e.g. CU1010) in the Search for field and click Search
The subject will appear. It will also show the study period it is offered in, campus and study mode. Click on the subject link to view more information about the subject.
How do I search for subjects within a certain field/discipline?
You may want to find a subject in a particular field, such as photography or sociology. To do this:
1. Go to subject codes and prefixes
- This list shows all the different disciplines you can choose from
- Choose a discipline you are interested in and note the two letter prefix – for example, sociology's prefix is 'SY'
2. Type 'SY' in the search field, and add the number '1', so 'SY1'. This means you want to search for all level 1 sociology subjects.
3. To refine it further you can select the campus, study period and attendance mode from the drop down boxes.
4. Click 'Search'. Your subjects will display.
How do I search all subjects for my year level, campus or study mode?
You may want to browse all subjects offered in your year level, which can be refined further by selecting your campus or study mode (internal/external).
1. In the 'Search for' field, type '%', and add your year level (for example, %1 means all level 1 subjects).
2. You can refine the search further, by selecting you preferred:
b. Attendance mode (e.g. external or block mode subjects)
c. Study Period
3. Click 'Search'. Your subjects will display.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture