You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Step 6 - Register for classes
Now you’ve enrolled in your subjects, use eStudent to register in classes and produce your class timetable*.
*Class registration applies to students studying on campus in Townsville, Cairns, Mackay, Mount Isa and Thursday Island – except for students studying Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Science, Pharmacy and Physiotherapy – your College will manage your class registration for core subjects (you’ll still need to register for any electives).
Class registration opening dates
Opening dates and times are staggered according to study periods and Colleges. Check the opening schedule and your JCU email for updates. It’s a good idea to register for your classes as soon as registration for your subjects opens so you have a better chance of getting the classes you want.
To register for classes:
1.Select the 'My Timetable' tab in eStudent. The subjects you have enrolled in will be displayed, along with their class registration status. For classes with no choice (e.g. a single lecture that everyone should attend), you’ll automatically be registered into that class. Each subject will have a registration status beside it:
a. Red circle: you are not yet registered for any classes for that subject.
b. Yellow circle: you have registered for some but not all classes
c. Green circle: you have registered in all classes for that subject.
2. For subjects with multiple classes available (e.g. tutorials), you’ll need to select your preferred class. Use the ‘Register’ or ‘Change’ button to register into classes.
Click on the class you want, (make sure a green plus symbol appears), then click Save. Repeat until the registration status for all subjects display the 'all classes registered' message.
If there are no places are left in any of the class options, and a wait list is available (indicated by a grey clock), you can select to be on the wait list for that class. You will be contacted to confirm your place if a space becomes available. If all of the classes are showing as full and there is no wait list, you should contact the Student Centre.
If you have a timetable clash between a core and an elective subject, you will need to choose an alternate elective. If you have a clash between two core subjects, please contact the Student Centre.
If you withdraw from a subject, eStudent will automatically de-register you for any classes for that subject.
Printing your timetable
You can print your timetable by selecting the Print button at the top of your timetable grid. For help, see printing a timetable.
Need more help?
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture