You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
An activity log is just a record or an ‘audit’ of how you use your time over a period of a week. It will help you identify when you used your time well and also identify times when you could improve your study efficiency.
Here is an example of a Model Weekly Study Planner. When you develop yours, try and include the following in your activity log:
* record every change in activity
* include all activities including sleeping, eating, family time, studying, social activities
* write down how you feel because this will identify times when you may study most efficiently
By analysing the activity log at the end of a week you will be able to identify both good and poor use of time and you may be able to make use of those extra hours that have previously been wasted.