Discover Townsville’s next entrepreneurs!
Up-and-coming entrepreneurs from Townsville and beyond will gather at JCU’s Douglas campus this weekend to try to turn their bright ideas into the region’s next top businesses.
The goal of Startup Weekend is to bring passionate potential entrepreneurs together to collaborate on innovative ideas, and have a life-changing experience.
- Over the course of 54 hours, teams form and work together to develop a Startup based on new ideas that are pitched on the Friday night. They’ll work with IT developers, business people, marketing experts, and designers to build their own Startup.
- They’ll then pitch their ideas to judges, and the winners will receive great prizes. More than 125 participants and mentors are expected to attend. The judges (Sunday) are Luke Anear, Safety Culture CEO; Cr Jenny Hill, Mayor of Townsville, and Rochelle Finlay, Director of JCU’s Research Services.
WHEN: Friday September 23rd – Sunday September 25th
WHERE: Education Central, JCU Townsville (Douglas campus)
- Preview interviews available with Lindsay Ward 0409 221 977
- Interviews are available with entrepreneurs, mentors and the organising team Friday to Sunday. Contact Lindsay Ward 0409 221 977
- This is Townsville’s third Startup Weekend. The event has created successful businesses and social enterprises, for example 2014 winners: www.youreducation.com.au/ and social enterprises developed at the 2015 event: Mixhaus and foodrescuetownsville.com
- Startup Weekend is a global phenomenon. With over 1500 events held in more than 150 countries around the world, it's your connection to the world of entrepreneurship.
- Startup Weekend is not just for techie or entrepreneurial types - there is a place for everyone.
- Early bird ticket prices for the weekend are $75, which is great value for a full weekend of exposure to design thinking, entrepreneurship, world-class mentors, team building, and fun! Food is also provided.