Student Essentials and Support
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTD
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
The Student Centre is your one-stop-shop for general enquiries including enrolment, fees, student loans, scholarships, course and subject information, timetable issues and much more.
Fees and Financial Support
There are support options available to help you with the cost of studying at university. See Fees and Financial Support to find out more about the types of fees you have to pay, important dates and options to help manage your expenses.
College Student Support Officers
There is a Student Support Officer (SSO) specific to your College on each of the main campuses, whose role is to help you succeed at university by acting as the first point of contact in managing your study load and accessing support services.
The full list of SSOs can be found on the Student Support webpage under 'Student Support Officers'.
First Year Experience Coordinators
Every course at JCU has a designated First Year Experience Coordinator (FYEC) who is an academic staff member that teaches commencing students and understands the challenges new students often face when transitioning into university. Your FYEC can provide advice about your course, support service referrals, and strategies for success in your studies.
As an off-campus student, you can contact the FYEC for your course at either the Cairns or Townsville campuses.
Make sure you sign up to JCU’s award winning Student Mentor Program, where new students are matched with an experienced second or third-year student from the same course of study.
Student Mentors can guide you through your first study period as a university student and help you settle into university life.
For further information, email email@example.com
JCU Student Association
The JCU Student Association (JCUSA) consists of elected students that represent the interests of students at JCU.
JCUSA has Student Advocacy Officers based in Townsville and Cairns who offer a free, independent, confidential academic representation and advocacy to all JCU students.