Make the most of your day
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Here are our top 10 tips
1. Plan your day in advance to ensure you don’t miss out on any of our exciting activities or tours.
2. Head to the registration marquee to collect your welcome bag and program. If you already registered online, make your way to the “Preregistered” section to gain faster access to Open Day.
3. Visit the information marquee. Our friendly staff and students are there to assist with any questions to start your day, including course information.
4. Talk to staff and students about what it’s like to study at JCU and find out what to expect at University.
5. Take a guided tour of the campus and explore world-class facilities.
6. Visit the range of Student Services and find out what you need to know, including details on how to apply, scholarships, student support, careers and much more.
7. Grab a bite to eat and enjoy the entertainment.
8. Share your Open Day experience. Follow us @JamesCookUniversity and post on Instagram using #jcuopenday.
9. Join in on the many fun and interactive activities on display.
10. Most importantly HAVE FUN!
There will be plenty of yummy food options for the whole family including Casa Pasta, Phat Boi's Asian Kitchen and Good Morning Coffee Trader in Townsville, or Decadent Donuts, Krishna's Kitchen and Cafe on the Go in Cairns.