Ever wanted to know what it feels like to train as an elite athlete? JCU Sport and Exercise Science is hosting an ultimate exercise challenge that will put you to the test. The challenge includes sprints, vertical jumps, agility testing, dynamic flexibility and more. Your team will be tested using the latest in fitness and training technology by JCU staff and there can only be one winner!
The Ultimate Exercise Challenge will be held on Sunday, 13 August 2017 from 11am at the JCU Townsville Open Day (in front of Building 26).
This challenge is open to all school students.
Rules & Guidelines
- The Ultimate Exercise challenge will consist of 8 different exercise events:
- Sit and reach
- Dynamic Flexibility
- Vertical Jump
- Backward medicine ball throw
- Illinois agility
- Sit ups test
- Push ups test
- Teams must consist of:
- 2 girls and 2 boys aged from 12-18 years (students can be from different schools)
- Each team member will compete in a maximum of 2 events.
- Teams will nominate which team members will compete in an event on the day.
- Once all teams have nominated a timetable of each teams exercise challenge will be drawn-up and distributed.
- To compete in the event the teams will:
- Have a 5 minutes to warm up
- Observe a demonstrations of each event (unless another team can be observed)
- Take three attempts of the following events - vertical jump, sprint, medicine ball throw, and sit and reach. With the best attempt recorded.
- Take only one attempt at the following events - push ups, sit ups, agility and Dynamic flexibility.
- Scoring will be out of a maximum total score of 80, where 10 points is awarded to the overall winning team of each single event.
- All other places (2nd , 3rd etc) per event are awarded a calculated score between 10 and 0 i.e for 15 teams 2nd place is awarded 10/15 X (15-1) = 9.3 & 3rd place = 10/15 X (15-2) = 8.7 etc.
- If a team doesn’t compete in an event they will receive zero points for that event but will still obtain a total score if they compete in other events.
- A total score for a team is the sum of their scores for all 8 events.
- The team with the highest total score will be deemed the winner.