2011 College Recipient, College of Business, Law and Governance
Ms Tricia Brand is the Deputy Vice Chancellor, Services and Resources Division at James Cook University, the University’s Chief Financial Officer and a member of the University Executive and the Vice Chancellor’s Advisory Committee.
Tricia is a Director of a number of companies, including:
- Director, Tropical Queensland Centre of Oral Health Pty Ltd
- Director, CPB Pty Ltd ATF The CPB Trust
- Director, JCU Health Pty Ltd
- Director, James Cook Holdings Pte Ltd (Singapore)
- Director, James Cook University Pte Ltd (Singapore)
- Chair, Finance Committee – a sub-committee of James Cook University Pte Ltd (Singapore)
- Director, Finance Committee, a sub-committee of the Townsville Health & Hospitals Board
- Director, Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Trustee, Roderick Trust
Tricia has over 30 years’ experience in the higher education sector, the majority of which has been operating at senior executive and management levels. She attained her Bachelor of Commerce degree in 1994. She holds postgraduate qualifications of CPA and is a Fellow of CPA Australia, Australian Institute of Company Directors and the Australian Institute of Management.
Tricia is an executive member of DVC Corporate Group for Universities Australia, the sector’s peak body and heads a Division that is responsible for the University’s Financial and Business Services, Quality, Planning and Analytics, Estate, Human Resources, Information and Communications Technology, the Discovery Rise Project, Health Safety and Environment and JCU Halls of Residence.
Tricia is a champion of sustainability at JCU and is engaged in actively promoting environmental sustainability and involving staff and students in various programs and initiatives that support the University’s tropical sustainability agenda.
Updated February 2018