- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Cyclone Testing Station
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Staff Intranet
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Information for JCU Cairns Graduates
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- IT Services
- Information for Agents
- International Students
- JCU College
- JCU Connect
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Strategic Procure to Pay
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- TQ Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
2016 Early Career Recipient. College of Medicine and Dentistry
Dr Chris Freeman is a Consultant Practice Pharmacist at Camp Hill Medical Centre in Brisbane and a Clinical Lecturer in the Quality Use of Medicines at the School of Pharmacy at the University of Queensland.
He is also an Advisor on the Pharmacy Practice Review Working Group for NPS MedicineWise in Sydney and a Visiting Fellow in the School of Clinical Sciences at Queensland University of Technology.
After graduating from James Cook University with a Bachelor of Pharmacy, Dr Freeman completed a Graduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy and a PhD from the University of Queensland.
In the 10 years since graduating, Dr Freeman has achieved national recognition in many spheres of Pharmacy – most notably for his pioneering work as a consultant pharmacist working as part of the General Practice medical team.
It was his work in this area that led to him being awarded the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia’s Young Pharmacist of the Year in 2011.
He became the first Australian pharmacist to obtain specialisation in ambulatory care pharmacy in 2012 under the Board of Pharmacy Specialties in the United States.
Last year, Dr Freeman became one of the first pharmacists in Australia and New Zealand to be credentialed by the Australian Pharmacy Council as an Advanced Practice Pharmacist.
Dr Freeman has also won a number of other prestigious awards.
In 2013 he was awarded the Innovation in General Practice Award by the Australian General Practice Accreditation Limited.
He was awarded Consultant Pharmacist of the Year in 2014 by the Australian Association of Consultant Pharmacy and in 2015, the Department of the Premier and Cabinet in the Queensland Government nominated him as an Australia Day Ambassador.
Dr Freeman holds a number of directorships, including being a national Board Director and Vice President of the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia, a Board Director of the Australian Association of Consultant Pharmacy, and a Director of the CHARMING Institute, Camp Hill Healthcare.
He also serves on numerous advisory committees.
Dr Freeman is obviously passionate about Pharmacy – both education and practice - and always strives to implement positive change.
Despite his many achievements, he remains selfless and focused on the needs of the broader community.