You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Open Day
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Policy Timeframes and process for dealing with Privacy Complaints
Timeframes and process for dealing with Privacy Complaints
If individuals believe that their personal information has not been dealt with in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009, they may make a complaint to the Privacy Decision-Maker at the University. The complaint must be made in writing. Complaints should be forwarded to:
James Cook University
Townsville QLD 4811
(See Note 1 below.)
Up to twelve months from the date when the breach was suspected to have occurred.
Complaints will be acknowledged in writing.
Within 10 business days from the date on which the complaint was received.
The complaint will be processed and the complainant will be advised in writing of the decision.
Within 45 business days from the date on which the complaint was received.
If applicants are not satisfied with the decision they may apply in writing to the Privacy Decision-Maker for internal review of the initial decision.
Within 20 business days of the complainant receiving the initial complaint decision.
The internal review will be carried out and the complainant will be advised in writing of the review decision.
Within 20 business days of the date of receipt of application for internal review.
Internal Review Officer
Note 1: The Information Commissioner's Office requires that any complaints first be lodged with the University, and that the Information Commissioner will not hear complaints after twelve months has lapsed from the date of alleged breach of privacy.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture