Annual Report Policy
This policy sets out the University’s obligations for the preparation, approval and submission of the James Cook University (JCU) Annual Report.
This policy applies to the preparation of the JCU Annual Report for approval and submission to the appropriate Minister (QLD) and to the University Council.
The Director, Quality, Planning and Analytics, and Director, Financial and Business Services, in the way and within the time stated in the Financial and Performance Management Standard 2009, will:
- Prepare the JCU Annual Report on the operations of the University and submit it to the Chancellor for approval; and
- When approval by the Chancellor has been obtained, submit the report to the appropriate Minister (QLD), on behalf of the Chancellor.
The JCU Annual Report must be given to the Minister (QLD) on the date agreed between the University and the Minister, however the date must allow the Annual Report to be tabled in the Legislative Assembly within 3 months after the end of the financial year to which the report relates.
The Annual Report of the University must contain a copy of:
- The annual financial statements audited by an authorised auditor (refer FMPM 860: Policy - Annual Financial Statements);
- The certification of the annual financial statements;
- The authorised auditor’s report of the audit of the financial statements;
- The information on the performance of the University required under the “Annual report requirements for Queensland Government agencies”
Related documents and legislation
Financial Accountability Act 2009 (Sec 63)
Financial and Performance Management Standard 2009 (Sec.49 and 50)
“Annual Report requirements for Queensland Government Agencies” prepared by the Department of the Premier and Cabinet
NOTE: Printed copies of this policy are uncontrolled, and currency can only be assured at the time of printing.
Deputy Vice Chancellor, Services and Resources
Date for next review
NOTE: A minor amendment will not result in a change of the next major review date.
Approval date – the date the approval authority approved the establishment, minor or major amendment or disestablishment
Implementation Date – the date the policy was published in the Policy Library and is the date the policy takes effect
|18-1||18/05/2018||14/06/2018||Changed approver and submitter of Annual Report from Vice Chancellor to Chancellor as per legislative requirements||Manager, Planning and Performance|
Minor amendments – formatting; ownership transferred from Finance to Quality & Planning Domain and approval authority changed to reflect the Policy and Delegations Framework
Quality, Planning and Analytics
Policy Sponsor and Approval Authority updated to reflect the approved Policy and Delegations Framework
Quality Standards and Policy Unit
Finance Committee (06/11)
There are no related procedures.
There are no other related documents.