This policy stipulates arrangements relating to the administration of tuition fee payment installment plans for continuing international students.
This policy applies to continuing international students whose campus of study is Townsville or Cairns.
Continuing student – as defined in the JCU Tuition Fee Policy for International Students
Payment Due Date – as defined in the JCU Tuition Fee Policy for International Students.
1. A payment installment plan may be available to continuing international students, where:
2. Other than in exceptional circumstances:
3. A payment installment plan will be valid where written approval is granted to the student by the Manager Student Finance and Examinationsdelegate.
4. All students granted a payment instalment plan will be considered a JCU tuition fee debtor on the student system until the fee is fully paid. The University Rules on Student Debtors - Penalties includes that the University may:
5. Other than in exceptional and compassionate circumstances, where a student defaults on payment of any instalment in the payment plan or has not complied fully with the conditions under which the student obtained a payment instalment plan:
Penalties for Non-Payment under the Tuition Fee Policy for International Students will apply, as such, the student’s enrolment may be cancelled and Department of Home Affairs notified.
6. Where a matter arises which is outside the scope of this policy or where exceptional circumstances exist, the International Student Finance Officer will seek executive decision on the matter from the Manager, Student Finance and Examinations.
NOTE: Printed copies of this policy are uncontrolled, and currency can only be assured at the time of printing.
Deputy Vice Chancellor, Students
Date for next review
Approval date - the date the approval authority approved the establishment, minor or major amendment or disestablishment
Implementation Date - the date the policy was published in the Policy Library and is the date the policy takes effect
|18-1||09/03/2018||30/04/2018||Minor amendment to align with organisational structure and update title of government department||Quality, Standards and Policy Officer|
Minor amendments to align with Council approved Academic and Student Delegations Register
Associate Director, Enrolment and Client Services
Policy sponsor and approval authority amended to reflect approved policy framework
Director Student & Academic Services amended to: Director, Student Services as reflected in organization re-structure
Approved by Senior Management Group
Tuition fee, installment plan, international students