Reputation and Experience Rankings providers
- Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders in Marine Science
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
Reputation and Experience
- Rankings highlights
- University performance
- Research outcomes
- Sustainability measures
- Arts, Society and Education
- Business, Law and Governance
- Healthcare Sciences
- Medicine and Dentistry
- Public Health, Medical and Veterinary Sciences
- Science and Engineering
- Center for World University Rankings
- Excellence in Research for Australia
- Good Universities Guide
- Leiden Ranking
- QS World University Rankings
- QS Stars Rankings
- QS Sustainability Rankings
- QS Graduate Employability Rankings
- ShanghaiRanking - Academic Ranking of World Universities
- ShanghaiRanking - Global Ranking of Academic Subjects
- Times Higher Education World University Rankings
- Times Higher Education Impact Rankings
- US News Best Global Universities Rankings
- Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT)
- Web of Science
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- JCU Aquaculture Solutions
- AusAsian Mental Health Research Group
- Area 61
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- JCU-CSIRO Partnership
- Employability Edge
- Career Ready Plan
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- WHOCC for N&M Education and Research
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Centre for Disaster Solutions
- Cyclone Testing Station
- The Centre for Disaster Studies
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Research Division
- Services and Resources Division
- Education Division
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Financial and Business Services Office
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Information for JCU Cairns Graduates
- Graduate Research School
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Engagement
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- Inherent Requirements
- IsoTropics Geochemistry Lab
- IT Services
- International Schools
- International Students
- JCU Connect
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Events
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Ideas Lab
- JCU Job Ready
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- JCU Turtle Health Research
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Mabo Decision: 30 years on
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Virtual Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to university
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Contextual Science for Tropical Coastal Ecosystems
- State of the Tropics
- Strategic Procurement
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Student profiles
- TQ Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Center for World University Rankings
These rankings assess the quality of education, alumni employment, quality of faculty, and research performance of universities. CWUR Rankings by Subject ranks universities in 227 subject categories, based on the number of research articles in top-tier journals.
Further details are available from the Center for World University Rankings website.
This bibliometric study measures the scientific performance of more than 1,000 global universities based on the quality of their publications in international scientific journals covered by the Web of Science database. Collaborative publications are counted fractionally.
Further details are available from the Leiden Ranking website.
QS Graduate Employability Rankings
These rankings assess universities’ ability to produce graduates with the required skills, based on partnerships with employers, graduate employment rate, employer-student connections, alumni outcomes and employer reputation.
Further details are available from the QS Graduate Employability Rankings website.
QS Stars Rankings
Universities are evaluated against indicators in categories including program strength, facilities, graduate employability, social responsibility and inclusiveness.
Further details are available from the QS Stars Rankings website.
QS Sustainability Rankings
These rankings are comprised of indicators designed to measure an institution's ability to tackle the world’s greatest environmental, social and governance challenges. Within categories for Environmental Impact and Social Impact, sustainability indicators include sustainable institutions, sustainable education, sustainable research, equality, knowledge exchange, educational impact, employability and opportunities, and quality of life.
Further details are available from the QS Sustainability Rankings website.
QS World University Rankings
Universities are ranked using metrics in academic reputation, employer reputation, faculty/student ratio, citations per faculty, international faculty ratio and international student ratio.
Further details are available from the QS World University Rankings website.
The ranking of universities is based on the reputation of its researchers, calculated using the h-index and other bibliometric indicators from their profiles in Google Scholar and Microsoft Academic Graph. The h-index is an indicative measure which reflects the number of influential documents authored by researchers.
Further details are available from the Research.com website.
ShanghaiRanking - Academic Ranking of World Universities
Universities are ranked by academic or research performance indicators, including alumni and staff winning Nobel Prizes and Fields Medals, highly cited researchers, papers published in Nature and Science, papers indexed in major citation indices, and the per capita academic performance of an institution.
Further details are available from the Academic Ranking of World Universities website.
ShanghaiRanking - Global Ranking of Academic Subjects
These rankings measure the performance of universities in research output, research influence, international collaboration, research quality, and the achievement of international academic awards.
Further details are available from the Global Ranking of Academic Subjects website.
Times Higher Education Impact Rankings
Universities are measured by their pursuit of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals, with indicators across research, stewardship, outreach and teaching.
Further details are available from the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings website.
Times Higher Education World University Rankings
Research-intensive universities are assessed on performance in teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook.
Further details are available from the THE World University Rankings website.
U-Multirank assesses university performance with information from data sources including university submissions, student surveys and bibliometric registers. It indicates university performance on a five-point scale, based on the variance of the score to the median result for all assessed universities.
Further details are available from the U-Multirank website.
US News Best Global Universities Rankings
These rankings measure performance against indicators including universities’ academic research performance and global and regional reputations.
Further details are available from the US News Best Global Universities Rankings website.
Web of Science
This global citation database tracks university researchers’ publication and citation activity.
Further details are available from the Web of Science website.
Excellence in Research for Australia
This national evaluation framework identifies, recognises and promotes excellence in research with the aim of ensuring national research assessments address Australia’s future needs.
Further details are available from the Excellence in Research for Australia website.
Good Universities Guide
Australian universities are assessed against student-relevant criteria including graduate salaries, teaching quality, learning resources, graduate employment rates, learner engagement and student support.
Further details are available from the Good Universities Guide website.
Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT)
This suite of government endorsed surveys measures outcomes across the Australian university student life cycle from commencement to employment. These include the Graduate Outcomes Survey, Student Experience Survey and Employer Satisfaction Survey.
Further details are available from the Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching website.