The Division of Research and Innovation has strategic oversight of the following research infrastructure:
- Advanced Analytical Centre: A central analytical facility that supports research and industry, providing a wide range of analytical instrumentation backed by experienced and professional staff.
- eResearch Centre: Delivering tailored CMS and data storage solutions to support researchers, University staff, and other organisations alike.
- Boating and Diving: All diving and water-related activities are managed through the Boating and Diving Office, which ensures adherence to strict workplace health and safety regulations.
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory: A rainforest eco-monitoring site situated in World Heritage listed rainforest, available to educators, researchers and students.
- 'Fletcherview' Research Station: An operational 1,960 ha cattle property located an hour's drive southwest of Townsville, where JCU students can gain hands-on experience in farming and grazing in the dry tropics.
- Marine and Aquaculture Research Facilities Unit (MARFU): An aquarium complex at our Townsville campus comprising several large recirculated seawater aquarium systems.
- Orpheus Island Research Station: Located in the midst of the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef with ready access to pristine inshore reefs and islands, with accommodation, dining and lecture facilities.