AccessAbility Facilities and Services
There are a range of services and on campus facilities for students with a documented disability, injury, illness, short or long-term health condition.
You can discuss your situation and the options available to you at the time of your appointment. Listed below are some of the facilities and services we offer:
Facilities on campus
- Assistive Technology Room
- Alternative Formatting
- Volunteer Note Taker Scheme
- Mobility Aids
- Assistive Equipment
- Access on campus and support services
Alternative assessment and exam adjustments
Students with a documented disability, injury, illness, short or long-term health condition that affects their ability to undertake assessment or examinations may apply to AccessAbility Services for adjustments. Current medical evidence is required and early notice is important so that every effort can be made to meet your needs.
Alternative assessment adjustments can be discussed with a Student Advisor and will be based on your health circumstances and course requirements. This may include negotiation with academic staff.
Exam adjustments may include:
- Use of a scribe or reader
- Additional working time
- Rest breaks
- Alternative formatting of examination papers
- Alternative room with suitable lighting
- Use of alternative furniture (e.g. ergonomic chairs, adjustable tables, lecterns)
- Access to food and drink
- Access to medication and medical equipment
- Wheelchair access
- Use of computer