Select a Course
- Future Students
- JCU Student Contract – Terms and Conditions
- Townsville and Cairns medical services
- Student Membership and Representation Opportunities’
- Student Support
- Academic Support
- Student Mentor Program
- Student Travel
- ICT Services
- Ask Us
- Fees & Financial Support
- Exams & Results
- Important Dates
- Student Life
The Learning Centre
- Taking Online Exams
- Services Available
- Getting Started
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions
- Academic Integrity
- Develop Your English
- Maths and Statistics
- Short Courses and Workshops
- Downloads and Module Booklets
- Learning in a Virtual Environment
- Learning Online
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTD
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Select a Course
If you accessed Online Applications through JCU’s Courses and Degrees web pages, you will probably find the course you wish to apply for is already displayed as a pre-selected study package.
If you wish to search for a different course or there is no course details matching your needs, there are two options for searching – firstly you must click on the Search for other Courses tab.
If you know the name of your course enter details into the box displaying ‘Hi there, what are you searching for? (enter course details here)’. Alternatively you can enter a keyword e.g. accounting. You may wish to refine your search further by completing the following steps:
Select a Location using the dropdown list e.g. Townsville
Select the year you wish to study e.g. 2012
Select a Load Category e.g. full time or part time
Select a Attendance Mode e.g. external
Click on the Search button
Depending on the search conducted the search results may show a large number of options. We recommend you either narrow your search or review the options as follows:
Determine the year you wish to commence your course.
Determine the location (campus) you wish to study at.
JCU has two application periods:
First Half Year Intake - if you wish to commence your course in the first half of a calendar year then select First Half Year Intake.
Second Half Year Intake - if you wish to commence your course in the second half of a calendar year then select Second Half Year Intake.
This determines the fees payable once you have commenced your course.
If you occupy a Commonwealth supported place, the Australian Government will pay part of your fees directly to JCU. This means that your upfront fees will be less, these payments are called 'student contributions'. You can also choose to defer these student contribution amounts through HECS-HELP.
The ability to request a Commonwealth Supported place is limited with postgraduate courses.
DOMESTIC FEE PAYING
Students pay this fee when they are not eligible for a Commonwealth supported place or if they choose to enrol as a tuition fee paying student. Some tuition fees are tax deductible; whereas student contributions for Commonwealth supported places are not tax deductible. Eligible students can also defer their tuition fees through FEE-HELP.
You can elect to study full time or part time. You can change this at any time during your course.
The attendance mode of a course defines how the course is studied. The options for attendance modes are:
INTERNAL - Courses offered via internal mode require regular attendance at classes over most weeks of a study period and are usually held on campus.
EXTERNAL - Courses offered via external mode are offered via flexible delivery and require no or minimal on-campus attendance for classes.