Change course (undergraduate)

Steps for students applying to study Medicine/Surgery, Dental Surgery, Physiotherapy, Health Science (Physician Assistant) or Veterinary Science, Nursing

Domestic students

(Australian or New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or Australian humanitarian visa holder):

1. Apply online through the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC) at the QTAC website, and
2.Submit a JCU written application form. *

Both steps must be completed by the closing date.

*written application not required for Nursing/Midwifery.

International students

(not an Australian or New Zealand citizen, not an Australian permanent resident and not an Australian humanitarian visa holder):

1. Complete the undergraduate course transfer application (PDF, 210 KB) and submit to the Student Centre by the closing date. Make sure you complete the Advanced Standing (credit for previous study) section of this form to see if you are eligible to transfer credit into your new course.
2. Submit a JCU written application form (not required for Physiotherapy)

Both steps must be completed by the closing date.

Closing dates

If your application is not received by the closing date, it will not be considered.

Domestic applicants

30 September: Medicine/Surgery, Dental Surgery, Physiotherapy and Veterinary Science
30 November: Health Science (Physician Assistant), Nursing/Midwifery

International applicants

31 August: Medicine/Surgery and Dental Surgery
30 September: Physiotherapy and Veterinary Science