Information for University Hall Residents
- Future Students
- Fees & Financial Support
- Exams & Results
- Important Dates
- Student Life
The Learning Centre
- Services Available
- Getting Started
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions
- Academic Integrity
- Develop Your English
- Maths and Statistics
- Short Courses and Workshops
- Downloads and Module Booklets
- Learning in a Virtual Environment
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- COVID-19 Advice
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Graduate Research School
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- This is Uni
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
This information will be updated regularly as more details become available.
- While the Pop Up services are no longer based in the Student Centre, we're still here for you via our usual locations and contact mediums. If you need assistance contacting the Cashier or Insurance, please contact the Student Centre to be pointed in the right direction.
IT Help Desk
Counselling and Wellbeing
- If you are a University Hall resident and international student and have specific questions or need additional assistance, you can contact International Student Support on 1800 754 185 or visit us in the Student Centre.
- Please also ensure you regularly check your student email and the University Hall Facebook page for updates. Facebook Groups have been set up for information specific to each accommodation (eg UniHall Cowboys House; UniHall Saints etc). Please ask your RA's for help if you haven't already joined your group.
- Students may wish to consider utilising our security escort service when on campus after dark, especially as you’re moving around areas of campus you may not be as familiar with. This is available by calling the Security Control Room (4781 6000) and is a service that is available year round, not just during incident recovery or the major study periods.
- Thank you to everyone who donated items to our students following the fire. The support has been overwhelmingly generous and at this stage we are unable to accept anything further.
What about my stuff?
- Please back up your computers and other devices. They may seem like they are working fine but electronics exposed to heat, smoke or water are likely to fail in the future. IT Support is available in the Student Centre on campus (building 134). Your JCU Office 365 includes OneDrive for file storage.
- The Chief of Staff emailed all affected students additional information about the insurance process and time frames on Thursday April 11, 2019. Please contact The Student Centre if you didn't receive the email.
What about my studies?
- The academic colleges are aware of the incident. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact your subject coordinator. There are some JCU policies and procedures that can assist students with things like special consideration for exam marking etc.
- You can find out more here.
Looking after yourself (and each other)
Please don’t forget the JCU Student Wellbeing Service offers free and confidential counselling support to students all year round - not just during a disaster or the study period. They are based in the Library (first floor) and can be contacted by phone on 47814711 or via email.
JCU's Multifaith Chaplain also provides spiritual and companionship support for students.