Submitting an Appeal

Before you appeal

Make sure that you have read through the information on our Appeals page carefully.

Once you start completing your appeal application form, you cannot save changes and go back to it later. Make sure you have all your information, including relevant evidence together before you start your submission.

In accordance with the Student Appeals Policy and relevant Procedure, students wishing to appeal a decision/s are required to submit the appropriate form:

Appeal of Final Subject Result Procedure and Application Form

Appeal of Academic Progression Outcome Procedure and Application Form

  • conditions applied as a result of Unsatisfactory Academic Performance;
  • suspension;
  • exclusion; and/or
  • Maximum Time to Complete.

Student Appeal Application (General) Procedure and Application Form

  • assessment (other than final subject result);
  • research training;
  • Leave of Absence application not approved;
  • professional/clinical placement;
  • advanced standing; and/or
  • student conduct matters.

Free appeal support and assistance

JCUSA are your Student Association. You do not have to be a member to receive their free, non judgmental and impartial help. While they have offices on campus (and are available via email and phone for external students), they are an independent and student focused organisation who can help you to:

  • understand and interpret University policies, rules and regulations
  • represent you or support you when you need to liaise with individual staff at JCU or "The University" in general
  • help you submit applications and/or claims. This includes things like special consideration or a review of assessment, appeals and more.

You are strongly encouraged to seek support and assistance from a JCUSA Advocate before submitting your appeal. They will both guide you through the process and help you prepare your application. You can visit JCUSA in person on the Townsville and Cairns campus, email them or freecall 1800 330 021. This service is available for all students, including those who study off campus.

Applying for Appeal

To submit your appeal, you will need to complete the appropriate form:

Appeal of Final Subject Result Application

Appeal of Academic Progression Outcome Application

Student Appeal Application - General

Reminder: you cannot save changes on the form once you start completing it.