Every JCU student will be issued a student ID card. This card is proof that you are a JCU student and provides you with essential access to services on campus and discounts off campus.
- Borrow books from the library
- Print and copy on campus
- Proof of ID when talking to Student Centre staff
- Compulsory for attending exams
- Access to buildings and computer labs
- Discounted rates for public transport (SunBus, ferries)
- Cheap entry into some clubs, events and venues
- Discounted rates for movies
- Deals for computers at some electronic stores (e.g. Apple and Dell)
When and where?You can get your ID card at the Student Centre before, during and after O Week. We recommend you get your card before the start of Week 1. Check the dates and times in the Orientation Program.
What do I need?
To obtain your JCU student ID card you will need:
– To be enrolled in at least one subject
– Have photo identification (e.g. driver's licence or passport).
– Have your Offer Schedule with you, (included in your JCU Offer Pack) or a printed copy of your Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) if you are an International student
Request an ID card by completing the online Request for Student Identification Card form. You will need to upload a photograph that complies with our requirements as well as a copy of other photo identification (eg. drivers licence or passport).
Damaged cardsGo to the Student Centre to receive a replacement card.
Cost: $10 when old card is returned, $15 if no card is returned
Go to the Student Centre to receive a replacement card.
Stolen, expired or updated details
Go to the Student Centre to receive a replacement card. This includes if you have changed to part-time or full-time, your name has changed, incorrect details are displayed or your card was stolen or expired. If your card was stolen you must provide a police report.
Go to Ask Us – there are more than 800 commonly asked questions and answers available 24/7. The top student ID questions include:
I'm doing external study. Do I need a Student ID card to access off-campus library services?I'm doing external study. Do I need a Student ID card?
Do I need a Student ID card to borrow from the library?
How do I get an ID card with full time student recorded instead of part time?What if I don't have photo ID for my exam?