Current Students Information for University Hall Residents
Information for University Hall Residents
- Future Students
- Fees & Financial Support
- Exams & Results
- Important Dates
- Student Life
The Learning Centre
- Services Available
- Getting Started
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions
- Academic Integrity
- Develop Your English
- Maths and Statistics
- Short Courses and Workshops
- Downloads and Module Booklets
- Learning in a Virtual Environment
- Learning Online
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Graduate Research School
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
This information will be updated regularly as more details become available.
- The Pop Up Student Support Centre has been established in The Student Centre (Education Central, Building 134). It is open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, or call us on 1800 246 446. Support services include both JCU and community assistance.
- Counselling staff will be available at University Hall during lunch and dinner on Saturday 06 April and Sunday 07 April.
- All meals will now be served to University Hall residents in the University Hall Dining Rooms.
- University Hall staff will continue to communicate with you directly regarding accommodation, access and other details. Please also ensure you regularly check the University Hall Facebook page for updates.
What about my studies?
- The academic colleges are aware of the incident. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact your subject coordinator.
- There are some JCU policies and procedures that can assist students with things like special consideration for exam marking etc. JCUSA, the Student Association, can help explain which may apply to you and how to apply.
Looking after yourself (and each other)
It is normal for people to respond in different ways following a disaster. You or your friends may experience distress, confusion, or numbness.
Most people find that after a period of time, as life starts to return to normal, their thoughts and emotions do too.
At the following links you can find more information about what to expect following a disaster, as well as what you can do to help yourself and loved ones cope with what has happened:
Coping With A Major Personal Crisis
Please don’t forget the JCU Student Wellbeing Service offers free and confidential counselling support to students all year round - not just during a disaster or the study period. They are based in the Library (first floor) and can be contacted by phone on 47814711 or via email.
JCU's Multifaith Chaplain also provides spiritual and companionship support for students.
International Student Support
If you are a University Hall resident and international student and have specific questions or need additional assistance, you can contact International Student Support on 1800 754 185.