Current Students Information for University Hall Residents

Information for University Hall Residents

This information will be updated regularly as more details become available.

  • The Pop Up Student Support Centre has been established in The Student Centre (Education Central, Building 134). It is open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, or call us on 1800 246 446. Support services include both JCU and community assistance.
  • Counselling staff will be available at University Hall during lunch and dinner on Saturday 06 April and Sunday 07 April.
  • All meals will now be served to University Hall residents in the University Hall Dining Rooms.
  • University Hall staff will continue to communicate with you directly regarding accommodation, access and other details. Please also ensure you regularly check the University Hall Facebook page for updates.

What about my studies?

  • The academic colleges are aware of the incident. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact your subject coordinator.
  • There are some JCU policies and procedures that can assist students with things like special consideration for exam marking etc. JCUSA, the Student Association, can help explain which may apply to you and how to apply.

Looking after yourself (and each other)

It is normal for people to respond in different ways following a disaster. You or your friends may experience distress, confusion, or numbness.

Most people find that after a period of time, as life starts to return to normal, their thoughts and emotions do too.

At the following links you can find more information about what to expect following a disaster, as well as what you can do to help yourself and loved ones cope with what has happened:

Coping With A Major Personal Crisis 

Please don’t forget the JCU Student Wellbeing Service offers free and confidential counselling support to students all year round - not just during a disaster or the study period. They are based in the Library (first floor) and can be contacted by phone on 47814711 or via email.

JCU's Multifaith Chaplain also provides spiritual and companionship support for students.

International Student Support

If you are a University Hall resident and international student and have specific questions or need additional assistance, you can contact International Student Support on 1800 754 185.