- Future Students
- Fees & Financial Support
- Exams & Results
- Important Dates
- Student Life
The Learning Centre
- Services Available
- Getting Started
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions
- Academic Integrity
- Develop Your English
- Maths and Statistics
- Short Courses and Workshops
- Downloads and Module Booklets
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Successful students manage their time efficiently and are active learners.
Get organised by creating your own weekly and semester study plans, and discover the active learning strategies to assist you with your studies.
New to uni? Here's what you need to know
- How is university different to high school? (PDF, 94 KB)
- How will I learn at university? (PDF, 75 KB)
- Starting University Study Quick Guide (PDF, 112 KB)
- Preparing for Lectures Quick Guide (PDF, 138 KB)
- Guide to Email Etiquette (PDF, 130 KB)
- How can The Learning Centre help me?
Managing your time efficiently
Weekly and semester planners
Weekly study planner
Semester study planner
- During the semester (PDF, 139 KB)
- Create a semester study planner (PDF, 117 KB)
- SP1 2020 semester study planner template (DOCX, 286 KB)
- SP2 2020 semester study planner template (DOCX, 286 KB)
7 Step Plan for Assessment Tasks
- 7 Step Plan for Assessment Tasks (PDF, 247 KB)
- Example subject assessment planner (PDF, 334 KB)
- SP1 2020 subject assessment planner template (DOCX, 284 KB)
- SP2 2020 subject assessment planner template (DOCX, 284 KB)
Active learning two-part video series and quiz
LearnJCU is JCU's online teaching and learning environment, built on the Blackboard Learning Management System.
Studiosity offers free after hours online support for all JCU students, including academic assistance to help with a question, or with a writing task in less than 24 hours.
With Studiosity Connect Live you can chat with a tutor, draw graphs or write equations onto the interactive graph paper, or upload a file for discussion. Live tutors are available 3pm-12am Sunday to Friday.
With Studiosity Writing Feedback you can log in any time you like 24/7 for help with English, writing and referencing.
Studiosity is available through LearnJCU subject sites. Go to the Tools area of your subject site and select the Studiosity link.
LinkedIn Learning is an online education platform offering thousands of video courses in software, creative, and business skills.