Keep studying and stay connected
- Future Students
- Fees & Financial Support
- Exams & Results
- Important Dates
- Student Life
The Learning Centre
- Taking Online Exams
- Services Available
- Getting Started
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions
- Academic Integrity
- Develop Your English
- Maths and Statistics
- Short Courses and Workshops
- Downloads and Module Booklets
- Learning in a Virtual Environment
- Learning Online
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTD
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Studying online can sometimes feel lonely. After-hours online study support is available to all JCU students. Personalised, live, online help from a trained network of Studiosity advisors can be accessed from the tools menu in your subject specific learn site. After-hours support is only a click away.
Stay connected with peers using virtual communication and collaboration tools available to you free through your JCU account:
- Use Office 365 to work fully online from anywhere.
- Use Zoom to meet with other students and complete group work.
- For group assignments share documents on OneDrive to work collaboratively on documents with others.
- Stay connected with lecturing staff and email others regularly. Make sure you follow the email template for all communication.
- Prepare for all online lectures as normal and attend all virtual classes.
- Using (normal) class conversations
- Using group class conversations
For more study information, visit Getting Started.
Drop in Sessions
Making the transition to Learning Online takes time and practice.
Join a live webinar to share top tips to keep studying and stay connected.
Swing by… Check in.. Share tips
No need to book, simply click the button 'Join session'.
Time: 1pm Thursday (due to Good Friday holiday)
This session facilitated by JCU Learning Centre and Peer Advisors.