JCU are currently seeking a crew of friendly and enthusiastic students who are eager to gain valuable skills and experience in Event Management or have a keen interest in promoting their University.
Successful candidates will be offered a volunteer placement within JCU’s central Events Team where you will be collaborating as a team to deliver the University’s largest key marketing and recruitment events – our annual Open Days.
Responsibilities/duties may include:
- Appearing in video and social media promoting the 2017 Open Day events
- Assist in the delivery of Open Day- including light setup and pack down duties
- Be the ‘face’ of Open Day by greeting visitors and assisting with their questions while promoting a friendly and supportive university experience
- Assist in the delivery of the Visitors Meet & Greet function
- Assisting with campus tours
- Conducting surveys
2017 Event Dates:
- Cairns Visitor’s Day Out – Saturday 19 August (1pm to 5.30pm)
- Cairns Campus Open Day – Sunday 20 August (11am to 3pm)
- Townsville Visitor’s Day Out – Saturday 12 August (1pm to 5.30pm)
- Townsville Campus Open Day – Sunday 21 August (11am to 3pm)
You need to
- Be currently studying with JCU
- Hold a current driver’s licence
- Reside in Townsville or Cairns
- Be available to work (or at least at) the Visitor’s Day Out and Open Day events
- Free JCU branded t-shirt to wear
- Free lunch and drinks throughout the events
- $20 voucher to spend at any various café’s on campus
- Certificate of Appreciation (Event Volunteer & total hours worked) to include in your resume
- By becoming an event volunteer you’ll have the opportunity to meet other students, network and promote your university to prospective students and families.
If you’re interested in joining the Events Team please complete an Event Volunteer Registration form and submit to email@example.com along with an updated resume. If you have any questions regarding the role please don’t hesitate to contact the Events Team on (07) 4781 5179 or (07) 4781 6363.