Grants and Proposals
- Birds Queensland Research Grants for 2020 - closing date for applications is 31 August 2019
*Interested in obtaining an Application Kit should contact the Secretary, Birds Queensland please email to: email@example.com
Community Sustainability Action grants: Protecting Queensland's Threatened Species
- Research Professionals - Funds opportunities
- Grahan Harrington Student Scholarship - single $ 1,000 funding grant
-Applications closes end of June! Great opportunity for students to work on projects focusing on bird research in NQ.
- The Ian Potter Foundation
- Funding opportunities and PhD opportunities: Northen Development
- 2019 Crawford-in-Queensland Student Awards -closes soon
- Offers a small number of student awards aimed at promoting international agricultural research for development in our near region
- JCU Postgrads: Tess is offering two grants of $500 (each) to attend the Student Conference in Conservation Science Australasia (SCCS 2019).
Students should submit an abstract to give a talk to the conference and provide the evidence to Yoko once accepted. In case we have more than 2 applicants, a TESS committee will decide which two students get the grant.
- Exploration grant – conservation technologies
- Exploration grant – recovery of species on the brink of extinction
- Perpetual IMPACT funding 2019
Scholarships, Training and Job Positions
- PhD candidates: Investigating the relationship between lianas and Australian rainforest recovery
- 5 Years Research Fellow Position at USC
- Want to get up to speed with Python? JCU are offering Software Carpentry workshop in Cairns (24 and 25 of July 2019)
- Post-Doctoral Scientist Position Zero-Deforestation Commitments and Land Use Change (one year position)
* Beef and Soy in the Brazilian Amazon and Cerrado / Palm Oil and Beef in Colombia and Peru (deadline September 15, 2019)
More details: submit a cover letter detailing qualifications and interest, CV, and phone and email addresses of three references to Holly Gibbs firstname.lastname@example.org
- Short term position for PhD student: DEVELOPMENT OF ACHACHA FRUIT WITH SMALL SEEDS OR NO SEEDS
- PhD project to study Black-throated finch Ecology
Essential selection criteria:
- An undergraduate degree in science;
- Ecological research experience through an Honours or Masters program;
- Evidence of strong written and communication skills (e.g. published works);
- Ecological field experience
Desirable selection criteria:
- Ornithological experience
- Strong quantitative skills
- Banding licence or willingness to apply for one
- SFS (The School for Field Studies): new Centre Director position
The SFS Centre for Rainforest Studies (CRS) in Yungaburra, QSLD, Australia
Start Date: August 1, 2019 (somewhat flexible, but no later than August 15th)
- Remunerated short field work job: Environmental Management Professional
CV's to send to: Ingrid.email@example.com
- Research Fellow - Ecosystem Services of urban trees
- Yale-NUS College, a collaboration between the National University of Singapore and Yale University, is seeking to hire a Research Fellow for a period of two years starting in early 2019.
- Applicants should possess a PhD in biology or related research field.
- Experience in measuring plant physiological parameters (preferably experience measuring photosynthesis and/or sap flow) and plant functional traits.
- Background knowledge and experience in plant ecophysiology, plant functional traits, urban ecology, green infrastructure, and/or plant biology.
- Experience working with tropical plant species, or experience with plant species identification.
- Ability to manage project logistics, lead project meetings, perform administrative tasks, troubleshoot equipment issues, and manage team members (e.g., Research Assistants, Student Researchers, etc).
- Willingness to work both independently and in small teams, and participate in lab/team culture.
- Experience with technical and scientific writing, evidenced by 2 to 3 publications in reputable journals.
- Ability to be present in Singapore by the project start date in Spring 2019.
For full consideration, please submit the following materials to Dr. Taylor Sloey via email at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter,
- CV, names and contact information of 3 references,
- academic transcripts,
- sample of writing (published text)
- FIELD PROJECTS International: Research Assistant Training Program
- HDR Scholarships available - Food Agility HDR Program
- Letters to a Pre-Scientist: Demystifying science careers by creating personal connections between students from high-poverty schools and real scientists
More details or email to: email@example.com
- JCU Public Seminar Series - Partnering for impact on the SDG's
- A single point of contact for researchers, potential partners seeking for assistance, ...