Grants and Proposals
- Research Services partnering with the GrantEd Group to run a half day workshop for early career researchers on “Preparing your ARC ROPE”
-Nominees to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 20 March 2019.
-Limited number (25) - can be made up of either Cairns or Townsville ECRs as the workshop will be videoconferenced to Cairns.
Workshop and Venue Details
Time: 1pm to 4pm
Date: Monday, 25 March 2019
Venue: Townsville - AITHM Boardroom, 048:202 and Videoconference to Cairns - AITHM Boardroom, E005:101
Catering: Afternoon tea will be provided
Materials: All workshop materials will be provided and emailed to attendees before the workshop. Please bring your laptop or a device to the workshop.
- 2019 AINSE Winter School - The scheme is open to senior undergrads (Year 3 or Hons)
*Nominations by May 10th
- If you have any students that are high quality candidates and may benefit from this experience please ask them to apply
a) get them to fill in the application form AND prepare a < 150 words statement of how participation will benefit them.
b) make sure their GPA is included.
More information: email@example.com
- 2019 Crawford-in-Queensland Student Awards -closes soon
- Offers a small number of student awards aimed at promoting international agricultural research for development in our near region
- JCU Postgrads: Tess is offering two grants of $500 (each) to attend the Student Conference in Conservation Science Australasia (SCCS 2019).
Students should submit an abstract to give a talk to the conference and provide the evidence to Yoko once accepted. In case we have more than 2 applicants, a TESS committee will decide which two students get the grant.
- 2019 Wet Tropics Management Authority - Student Research Grant Scheme is OPEN
Funding of up to $4,000 is available for PhD and masters research projects, and up to $1,500 for honours projects.
- JMSE 2019 Travel Awards - funding opportunity for postgrads and ECRs
- Exploration grant – conservation technologies
- Exploration grant – recovery of species on the brink of extinction
- SER 2019 Restoring Land, Water & Community Resilience
- Perpetual IMPACT funding 2019
- FAMAE- 2nd International Innovation Challenge on water: PRECIOUS WATER!
Scholarships, Training and Job Positions
- 2 Postdoctoral researcher positions for "Megacity Seoul - CO2 project" (climatelab.snu.ac.kr)
1. Operation of the Seoul ground observation network and ground observation-satellite synergy research
2. Development of a high-resolution carbon tracking system using inverse modeling
- Candidates must have experience in carbon monitoring or inverse modeling
- Postdoctoral researchers participating in our project will conduct studies with various research institutions such as NASA/JPL, France/LSCE, NASA/Goddard and also carry out studies related to the Global Carbon Project and WMO/IG3IS.
- Applicants should submit a cover letter, CV, contact information of two references by e-mail to Prof. Sujong Jeong (firstname.lastname@example.org) until March 30. Inquiries regarding the position can be made through e-mail.
- Research Doctorate Opportunity - applications starts March 1st ends April 30, 2019.
Young scholars dedicated to field research in Indonesia:
Supervisor: Prof Jatna Supriatna
Duration: 3-4 years
Collaborators from James Cook University and University of British Columbia
Master's degree in Conservation Biology or related subjects
TOEFL-PBT score at least 550
Be passionate about fieldwork and conservation
*scholarship not including funds for dependants/family members
Applicants submit CV's to: email@example.com
- Research Fellow - Ecosystem Services of urban trees
- Yale-NUS College, a collaboration between the National University of Singapore and Yale University, is seeking to hire a Research Fellow for a period of two years starting in early 2019.
- Applicants should possess a PhD in biology or related research field.
- Experience in measuring plant physiological parameters (preferably experience measuring photosynthesis and/or sap flow) and plant functional traits.
- Background knowledge and experience in plant ecophysiology, plant functional traits, urban ecology, green infrastructure, and/or plant biology.
- Experience working with tropical plant species, or experience with plant species identification.
- Ability to manage project logistics, lead project meetings, perform administrative tasks, troubleshoot equipment issues, and manage team members (e.g., Research Assistants, Student Researchers, etc).
- Willingness to work both independently and in small teams, and participate in lab/team culture.
- Experience with technical and scientific writing, evidenced by 2 to 3 publications in reputable journals.
- Ability to be present in Singapore by the project start date in Spring 2019.
For full consideration, please submit the following materials to Dr. Taylor Sloey via email at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter,
- CV, names and contact information of 3 references,
- academic transcripts,
- sample of writing (published text)
- FIELD PROJECTS International: Research Assistant Training Program
- Applications for ELTI's program is open now!
- HDR Scholarships available - Food Agility HDR Program