TropEco Sustainability Awards
The annual TropEco Sustainability Awards recognise the outstanding contribution of students, staff and alumni to sustainability both at JCU and in the wider community. The awards are held each year in October, with nominations opening in early August. See our TropEco Sustainability Awards page for more information.
Nominations are now closed for the 2018 TropEco Awards
Award winning programs
JCU is a multiple award winner in the area of sustainability, demonstrating the university's commitment, and providing recognition to the staff and students that have gone above and beyond in their efforts to transform our campuses, teaching, learning and research.
A list of awards can be found below.
Green Gown Awards Australasia
- Creating Impact Award for the TropEco program - Winner
- Student Engagement Award for TropEco Interns - Finalist
- Learning, Teaching and Skills Award for the One Health program - Finalist
- Student Engagement Award for the Green Bike Fleet - Winner
- International Green Gown Award - Student Engagement for the Green Bike Fleet - Finalist
- Lucy Graham (B.Sustainability) - ACTS Award of Excellence - Student - Winner
- Learning & Teaching Award for the Bachelor of Sustainability degree - Highly Commended
- Social Responsibility Award for the State of the Tropics report - Highly Commended
- Student Engagement Award for the JCU Sustainability Club - Highly Commended
- JCU - ACTS Award of Excellence - Institutional - Winner
- Carbon Reduction Award for An Integrated Approach to Energy Management - Winner
QLD Premier's Sustainability Awards
- Clean Energy Innovation Award for An Integrated Approach to Energy Management - Winner
TEFMA Innovation Award
- Innovation Award for An Integrated Approach to Energy Management - Winner
Australian Business Awards
- Environmental Sustainability Award for the Townsville Campus District Cooling System - Winner