A total of six CTBCC students were awarded grants from the Skyrail Rainforest Foundation, including:
- Pauline Lenacker - Yellow Crazy Ant reproduction
- Melinda Greenfield - Interactions among fungi, ants, and the ant-plant Mymecodia beccarii
- Rismita Sari - Phylogeny and Biogeography of Australian Garcinia (Clusiaceae)
- Denise McGregor - Climate adaptations of Greater gliders
- Rebecca Riggs - Optimising conservation and development trade-offs in rural Cambodia
- Irwan Lovadi - Nitrogen economy of the vulnerable rainforest sundew Drosera schizandra
Additionally, CTBCC student Jenny Cocciardi won the 2017 Wiley Fundamental Ecology award from the Ecological Society of Australia.