You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
- The Mathematics Educator
Links to some noteworthy maths competitions:
National Primary and Secondary Schools Poster Competition
The Statistical Society of Australia (SSAI) runs a poster competition for primary and secondary schools. Winners are eligible to compete in the international competition.
Teams create an informative poster presentation on a topic of their choice. The goal is to increase the awareness of the wide application and need for statistics.
Entries are due by 10 November. Schools can register at any time. Visit the SSAI competition website for further information.
International Mathematical Modelling Challenge
The International Mathematical Modelling Challenge (IM2C) is a new team-based mathematical competition for Australian secondary students.
IM2C promotes mathematical modelling, encouraging participants to explore the application of mathematics in real situations to solve problems of importance.
The contest runs between 7AM AEDT Saturday, 14 March 2017 and 3PM AEST on Friday, 7 April 2017.
To register, visit the IM2C website.
Australian Mathematics Competition
This is a fun competition for students of all standards, and one of the world’s largest school based competitions. Available as an online or pen/paper format.
Entry in the competition is generally done via schools. See the competition website for further information.
Bebras Australia Computational Thinking Challenge
The Bebras Challenge is made up of a set of 15 questions delivered online in the classroom. Working alone or in teams, students have 45 minutes to complete the challenge in one sitting and questions can be answered without prior knowledge about computational thinking or ICT.
In addition to the biannual Bebras Challenge, Bebras 365 is available as a free ICT resource throughout the year.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture