Which course is right for me?

The Certificate of Higher Education or the Diploma of Higher Education?

Need some advice?

Unsure whether the Certificate of Higher Education or the Diploma of Higher Education are right for you? Read on to find out the differences, and explore the FAQs.

If you would like to speak to a JCU Advisor give us a call on 1800 246 446 or find other contact options below.

The Certificate of Higher Education

  • Study only the pre-requisites you need
  • Short intensive blocks
  • Online, independent study
  • Help if you need it

Click here to learn more

The Diploma of Higher Education

  • Study introductory and first-year subjects
  • Up to 12 months full-time
  • Intensive, wrap-around support
  • Preparation and credit towards your Bachelor degree

Click here to learn more

Need some advice?

Speak to a JCU Advisor about your personal circumstances and find out which course is right for you.

Frequently Asked Questions

Pre-requisites are generally subjects you finish in high school which demonstrate you have the correct knowledge to successfully undertake your chosen course. Different Bachelor degrees have different pre-requisites. Some courses also have recommended study. These subjects aren't compulsory but successful completion may help you.

Each JCU course has a Handbook which details all of the information you need to know including pre-requisites, learning outcomes, and even the individual core and elective subjects you could be studying. Have a look at the page for your chosen course.

Yes absolutely. JCU Advisors are available on weekdays via phone, email, and live chat. Click here to choose the best contact option for you.

Upon successful completion of the Certificate of Higher Education and/or the Diploma of Higher Education you may meet the entry requirements for any JCU course. However the following three courses have additional requirements and entry is not guaranteed:

  • Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
  • Bachelor of Dental Surgery
  • Bachelor of Veterinary Science

Speak to a JCU Advisor to find out more about these competitive courses.

Yes, you need to be 18 or be currently completing Year 12 to apply.

We strongly advise you study one subject at a time. The intensive block mode condenses a large amount of work into a short period of time - which means studying more than one may not be realistic.

If so, how do I do this? No, you don't need to list these subjects in your QTAC application. Any preferences you have for JCU courses will be updated automatically.