Professional Student Advocates are available to assist with any academic concerns. They will clarify options available to you and, if you so wish, help you to pursue appropriate action. Your discussion with the advocate is confidential. Any action will only be taken with your consent.
Examples of our services:
- Interpreting university Policies and Procedures
- Protecting student rights
- Appeals and hearings
- Plagiarism hearings
- Academic Misconduct Hearings
- Review of an individual piece of assessment
- Appeal of final subject grade process
- Examination support including deferrals
- Special Consideration for assessment and examinations
- Academic progression and Statement of Reasons
- Complaints and feedback
- Discrimination and harassment
Due to the current COVID situation in Queensland, there will be no face to face appointments with a Student Advocate. All advocacy appointments can be made via Zoom, phone or email.