You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Featured News JCU’s global rankings success
JCU’s global rankings success
James Cook University has strengthened its standing as a world-class research and teaching university, with an authoritative global ranking listing JCU in the top 250 of the world’s universities.
The Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings has ranked JCU 201-250 out of nearly 1400 institutions worldwide.
It’s the third year in a row the University has been recognised among the world’s top 250 universities.
In Australia, JCU is ranked 12th of the 35 universities selected for this year’s ranking.
Within its overall ranking, JCU has been rated particularly strongly in terms of the global impact of its research. The University is ranked 90th in the world for “citations”, reflecting its research influence and role in spreading new knowledge and ideas.
JCU Vice Chancellor, Professor Sandra Harding said the ranking reflects the very high standard of research undertaken by the University.
“Across a broad range of disciplines, these results demonstrate that the University is a highly competitive, research-intensive university.
“JCU is internationally recognised for its ground-breaking research and we continue to perform very strongly when compared to the world’s largest, most successful universities.
“To be ranked among the world’s top 250 universities is a tremendous achievement and I want to pay tribute to our hardworking academics and professional and technical staff whose hard work lies behind this ranking,” Professor Harding said.
The World University Rankings 2020 ranked nearly 1,396 research-intensive institutions worldwide, comparing their performance in five key areas of higher education excellence: teaching, research, citations, industry income, and international outlook.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture