COVID-19 Advice for the JCU Community - Last updated: 21 January 2022, 8am (AEST)

Current Students Fees & Financial Support

Apply now

Fees and financial support

As part of the Job-ready Graduates Package, changes have been introduced for the 2021 student contribution (subject) fees for commonwealth supported places. Students can enrol in their subjects for 2021 and view their SSA fees on eStudent. Student Contribution (subject) fees and fee statements/tax invoices will not be available until these changes are implemented and finalised in our system. Students will be advised once student contributions and fee statements are available. As a guideline for 2021 fees, please see the annual student commonwealth supported fee advertised on our course pages.

Unique Student Identifier

A Unique Student Identifier (USI) is your individual education number for life. If you are studying at University, TAFE or doing other nationally recognised training, you need a USI. Without one, you can't get Commonwealth financial assistance or your qualification or statement of attainment.

If you are a commencing student, you must provide JCU with your USI by the census date of your first Study Period to allow you to continue your studies. If you are a continuing student, you must provide JCU with your USI by 2023, or your graduation date if earlier, to allow you to receive your statement of attainment.

Please complete this form to provide JCU with your USI.

Re-introduction of HECS-HELP Up-front Payment Discount for 2021

Students who are eligible to defer their fees to HECS-HELP can get a discount of the student contribution (subject fee) if a payment of more than $500* is made before the census date of each study period. Eligible students must have their tax file number listed in the Government Assistance Form.

You may choose to pay some of your student contributions up front and defer the rest with a HECS‑HELP loan. For example, if you make an up-front payment of $500.00, the Government will pay one‑ninth of $500.00 to JCU on top of your up-front payment of $500*. You can then pay for the remainder of your student contribution amount with a HECS‑HELP loan.

Log in to eStudent and click on the 'My Finances' tab then select the 'Make a Student Contribution Payment' from the left hand menu to make an up-front payment and view the discount amount.

For further information and FAQ’s on the Job Ready Graduates Package, please visit the Study Assist website.

*For 2021, the student contribution for band 1 is $493. To be eligible for the discount of $49.30, you must pay $443.70.

If you're feeling confused or overwhelmed about what fees you have to pay and how to pay or defer them, don't worry - we're here to help. Use this site to keep your finances in order and find out what financial support options are available.



Fee Help

Applying for Scholarships

For more up-to-date information on citizenship eligibility and Higher Education Reform changes, please refer to the StudyAssist and The Department of Home Affairs websites.