JCU Dentistry is a leader in health equality. Experience working in a range of settings from rural and remote communities to city areas. JCU Dentistry graduates work independently in challenging situations.
Study Dentistry at JCU
If you want a rewarding and challenging career in an important health field, why not become a dentist? With a Bachelor of Dentistry from JCU, you’ll graduate with the skills and confidence to practice as a dentist taking care of the vital oral health of communities in both cities and rural environments. You’ll get real-life experience and develop a comprehensive understanding of oral health. Highly skilled dentists are always in demand, so set yourself up for a successful and future-proof career. Study at JCU to study at a dental school that’s number 1 for learning resources, skills development and student support in Queensland, and number 1 for full-time employment in all of Australia.
Why Become a Dentist?
So why should you consider becoming a dentist? There is a multitude of reasons why this rewarding career might be right for you.
- You’ll do valuable work and help people with maintaining their oral health, which is extremely important to our overall health
- Your workday will be full of challenges and opportunities for problem-solving, and no day will be the same
- Your work will be people-focused and involve meeting and interacting with a range of people from different backgrounds
- Dentists are in short supply, which means there is always demand and you’ll always find employment
- The earning potential is high, and the salaries are good
- You can work independently by starting your own clinic and becoming your own boss
- You can specialise in any area of dentistry you find particularly interesting and work in a field you’re passionate about
Learning at JCU
If you’re looking to study for a Bachelor of Dentistry in Queensland, JCU is one of the best schools you could choose. Studying with JCU provides you with all the highly desirable skills you need to succeed in your career, alongside vital work experience. You will be learning from supportive experienced professionals with all the supervision required to gain confidence in the field. You will study at our dental teaching complex with state-of-the-art clinical simulation laboratory. You will also have access to excellent networking opportunities and gain real-life experience, assessing, diagnosing and performing dental work on real patients as you perform during work placements. There is a particular focus on rural and remote communities, and you will get experience that enables you to work in outback and city settings alike. Graduate with confidence and all the tools for success when you study dentistry at JCU.
Be in Demand
JCU dental graduates are in high demand and have excellent chances of success because of the skills they’ve developed, and the work experience they’ve completed during their studies. Becoming a dentist is already a great choice for a secure career, but you can give yourself an even bigger chance of success by choosing James Cook University for your dental degree. Apply through our online portal to ensure a space on the program.
Hide Additional Information