Scholarships and financial aid for International Students

International Students Fees and costs Scholarships and financial aid

Scholarships and financial aid for International Students

Financial Aid and Student Loans

Some countries have financial aid programs available to their students studying abroad. The following list include those that JCU is currently aware of, and is registered to administer on your behalf.


You will need to explore scholarship options independently, however to assist here are a few that JCU is currently aware of.

Scholarships and Grants include some programs that are not necessarily country specific. There are also programs that may be offered within your home country.


Australia and Japan have a shared excellence when it comes to delivering quality education and research. Building on that shared excellence, Japan and Australia have been strengthening ties between educational institutions through student exchange programs and research collaborations

Australian Embassy Japan

Papua New Guinea (PNG)

Australia Awards provide Papua New Guineans with the opportunity to study in Australia and obtain tertiary qualifications from participating Australian Institutions.

Australia Awards aims to further develop the skills and expertise of Papua New Guineans so they can contribute to Papua New Guinea’s development. They are prestigious international awards offered by the Australian Government to Papua New Guinea’s existing and future leaders. Through study and research, recipients develop the skills and knowledge to drive change, influence Papua New Guinea’s development and build enduring people-to-people links with Australia.

Australian Awards

Latin America



Awarded to citizens of Chile and other nationalities who have permanent residence in Chile. Applicants can apply for these scholarships to either start or continue studies leading to a master’s or PhD degree at leading institutions abroad.



The scholarships offer Ecuadorian professionals the opportunity to continue their academic studies in masters, doctorate or postdoctorate programs abroad. The program aims to strengthen opportunities for human capital and development in Ecuador.



The National Council of Science and Technology formulates and finances scholarship programs and generally supports the formation of scientific and technological human capital as well as integrates the information of scholarship programs offered by other national institutions.



The Universitat de València and the Peru Education Ministry have signed an Inter institutional Cooperation Agreement in order to promote the access of Peruvian students through PRONABEC program to certain postgraduate studies with the aim of enhancing the number of professionals in Peru with an appropriate training.

If you have secured financial aid or a scholarship from your home country that requires information and/or assistance from JCU, contact