Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- AusAsian Mental Health Research Group
- Area 61
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- WHOCC for N&M Education and Research
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Centre for Disaster Solutions
- Cyclone Testing Station
- The Centre for Disaster Studies
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Research Division
- Services and Resources Division
- Education Division
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Financial and Business Services Office
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Information for JCU Cairns Graduates
- Art of Academic Writing DRAFT
- Graduate Research School
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- Inherent Requirements
- IsoTropics Geochemistry Lab
- IT Services
- International Schools
- Why JCU?
- Scholarships and fees
- Study options
- Applying to JCU
- Funding your studies and scholarships
- Prepare to arrive
- International student stories
- Life at JCU
- JCU authorised representatives
- Contact us
- Latin American students
- European Students
- South Asia
- JCU Connect
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Events
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Ideas Lab
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- JCU Turtle Health Research
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Mabo Decision: 30 years on
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Virtual Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to university
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Contextual Science for Tropical Coastal Ecosystems
- State of the Tropics
- Strategic Procurement
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Student profiles
- TQ Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- Indigenous Engagement
We are proud to offer a range of scholarships to international students. You can learn more about each scholarship by clicking the links below.
Please note, there will be some changes to JCU international scholarships for 2023 commencements.
- JCU International Excellence Scholarship - provides a 25% tuition fee reduction for eligible students from the United States, Canada, Latin America, the United Kingdom and Europe. Please note the following changes to this scholarship from 2023.
2022: High-achieving students from North America, Latin America, the United Kingdom and Europe.
2023: High-achieving students from North America, Latin America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Asia, PNG and the Middle East.
- JCU International Merit Stipend - provides monthly payments of A$700 to assist with expenses throughout the duration of study at JCU, for eligible students from Asia, Africa, Papua New Guinea and the Middle East. Please note the following changes to this scholarship from 2023.
2022: High-achieving students from Africa, Asia, PNG and the Middle East. AU$350 per fortnight.
2023: High-achieving students from Africa only. AU$400 per fortnight.
- Vice Chancellor's International Student Scholarship - provides up to a maximum of AU$40,000 per year for the minimum course duration
- Warm Welcome Relocation Grant - AU$5,000 is available for students who are new to James Cook University in 2022
- Warm Welcome Relocation Allowance - AU$2,000 is available to international undergraduate and postgraduate students returning to Australia and commencing HDR students
- International Master of Engineering (Professional) Scholarship - provides a 15% tuition fee reduction throughout the entire duration of the Master of Engineering (Professional) degree. Please note this scholarship will not be offered from 2023.
JCU offers highly competitive scholarships to students commencing research degrees at Master or Doctoral level. For more information on eligibility criteria and application deadlines, visit JCU Research Scholarships.
Please visit the JCU scholarships website for further details, eligibility criteria and application information and to browse all scholarships available to international students.
Some countries offer financial aid programs to students studying abroad. Most financial aid is in the form of a loan that must be repaid upon completion of the study period.
The following countries have financial aid programs where JCU is registered to administer on your behalf. For more information please click on the links below.
If your country is not listed here, we encourage you to explore financial aid options directly within your home country. If you have secured funding from your home country and require assistance with paperwork, please contact the JCU Financial Aid office.
Students who have a scholarship or company paying the university fees on their behalf will need to seek approval of the sponsorship prior to commencement of studies. JCU is unable to issue an invoice to a third party unless we have an approved student sponsor agreement.
Official sponsorships can only be established between the University and an organisation (e.g. foreign university, government or business). Personal or family related sponsorships cannot be officiated.