You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Featured News JCU offers for Semester 1, 2012 posted
JCU offers for Semester 1, 2012 posted
JCU posted offers of 3044 University places on Thursday 12 January, in the major round of tertiary offers.
JCU made 4.4% more offers than in the same round last year, with 11.7% more in Cairns, and 0.9% more in Townsville.
When combined with places offered in early rounds this brings JCU’s total to 3893 places.
JCU’s acting Vice-Chancellor Professor Chris Cocklin said the University’s Townsville and Cairns campuses were maintaining steady growth, following on from significant increases in 2010 and 2011.
“These are very pleasing results, especially as a follow-up to the level of growth we achieved in the past two years,” Professor Cocklin said.
“Biomedical sciences and allied health are key growth areas in Townsville, while in Cairns our biggest increases include science and law,” he said.
Across all campuses, JCU’s first-preference applications were up by 8.8 per cent compared to last year, and all applications were up by 3.6 per cent.
Overall, the allied health courses, which include Exercise Physiology, Medical Laboratory Science, Biomedical Sciences and other Health Sciences, are up by an average 18.4 per cent in Townsville
In Townsville, JCU offers in the earlier and current rounds total 2819.
Key growth areas in Townsville include:
* A 15% increase for the Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences.
* A 20% increase for the Bachelor of Occupational Therapy.
* A 20% increase for Science courses.
In Cairns, JCU offers in the earlier and current rounds total 1039.
Key growth areas in Cairns include:
* A 36% increase for the Bachelor of Science
* A 33% increase for the Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
* A 29% increase for law.
For further comment:
Acting Vice-Chancellor, Professor Chris Cocklin, Tel 07 47816884
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture