You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Featured News Award for JCU Singapore
Award for JCU Singapore
JCU Singapore’s community engagement efforts will be recognised this Sunday (March 11) by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.
He will present a plaque of appreciation to the Vice Chancellor and President of James Cook University, Professor Sandra Harding, at a special community event on Sunday.
The Kebun Baru Link Residents’ Committee has inaugurated the awards to recognise organisations that have made significant contributions to grassroots events and community programs within the Kebun Baru ward of the Ang Mo Kio Group Representation Constituency (GRC).
JCU Singapore is the only foreign organisation selected by the Kebun Baru Link Residents’ Committee to receive a plaque of appreciation for its positive contributions to community events that have been organised by the residents’ committee.
Professor Harding said that since settling into its present campus at 600 Upper Thomson Road in 2008, JCU Singapore has been supporting many community initiatives and projects to benefit the local Kebun Baru community.
“Students and staff of JCU Singapore have helped to participate and co-organise various events in partnership with the Kebun Baru grassroots organisations,” she said.
JCU Deputy Vice Chancellor and Head of the Singapore campuses Dr Dale Anderson said that such events included the Dragon Feast 2012 Chinese New Year Dinner, Emergency Preparedness Day 2011, Mid Autumn Lantern Festival 2011 and the annual National Day Dinner.
“Apart from working with the Kebun Baru grassroots organisations, JCU Singapore has also been making contributions to its adopted charitable organisations Child at St 11 and Ang Mo Kio Family Service Centres,” Dr Anderson said.
Professor Harding said that the whole of the James Cook University community would be honoured by the award.
“As an institute of higher learning, we see it is as our duty to deliver quality education and research but we are also very aware that we are part of the wider community,” she said.
“It is very important to us that we engage with the community and make contributions to the life of that community, whether it be Singapore, Cairns or Townsville.
“As an institution with a focus on the peoples of the tropics, this recognition from our local community is particularly pleasing.” .
Professor Sandra Harding commended the staff and students of JCU Singapore whose efforts earned this award.
Issued: March 10, 2012
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture