You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Featured News Noted entrepreneur to give business address
Noted entrepreneur to give business address
Renowned Australian entrepreneur Bob Ansett will speak at a special business seminar hosted by James Cook University next month.
Bob Ansett, who founded the Budget Rent-A-Car system in 1965, will present Business Philosophies to the North at a Business Excellence Series in the Tropics (BEST) event in both Townsville and Cairns.
The BEST series is an initiative of JCU’s School of Business, and is open to the public.
Mr Ansett grew his company from a two-person small business to a dynamic enterprise employing over 3000 people with an annual turnover exceeding $400 million.
Professor David Low, Head of the JCU School of Business, said Mr Ansett was a true business leader.
“It was Bob’s business philosophies, together with innovative marketing, his commitment to customer service and his ability to inspire his employees that had propelled Budget to become a market leader,” he said.
“Bob’s journey to date has been one of enormous success, resilience and optimism, and was a story that the broader North Queensland business community would benefit greatly from hearing.
“Bob once stated that ‘without persistence the journey is less certain, as we are surrounded by risk whether we know it or not. The good thing is that we also have lots of opportunity if we don't give up as often many do’.”
Bob Ansett has been President of the Melbourne Chamber of Commerce, founder and inaugural President of the Australian Customer Service Association, Chairman of the Federal Government’s Trade Negotiations Advisory Group and was President of the North Melbourne Football Club for 13 years.
He is also currently the Patron of the University of Queensland’s Business School Enterprise Project.
After leaving Budget in 1990, Bob Ansett Marketing Services was established to provide consulting services in the field of Customer Service.
Professor Low said in his presentation, Mr Ansett would draw from a wealth of business wisdom to provide practical advice and inspiring examples on turning obstacles into opportunity.
Professor Low will conduct a post presentation interview with Mr Ansett and will be taking questions from the audience.
Date: Monday 12 November, 2012
Time: 12.00pm - 2.00pm
Venue: Rydges Southbank Convention Centre, Palmer Street, Townsville
Date: Tuesday 13 November, 2012
Time: 12.00pm - 2.00pm
Venue: The Hilton
For more information about either event or for registration details and costs, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (07) 4781 6614.
For media interviews, contact: Professor David Low on (07) 4781 4239
JCU Media contact: Caroline Kaurila (07) 4781 4586 or 0437 028 175
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture