You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Featured News JCU Singapore gets business award
JCU Singapore wins business award
October 18, 2012: - JCU Singapore has received the Australian Chamber of Commerce’s (AustCham) Business Excellence Award for a “most outstanding performance”.
It was presented on Wednesday (October 17) at an AustCham luncheon attended by Australia’s Minister for Resources and Energy and Minister for Tourism Martin Ferguson at Singapore’s Four Seasons Hotel.
The AustCham Singapore’s Business Excellence Award is presented to an organisation, “which in the opinion of the judging panel, has demonstrated the most outstanding performance in its field”.
James Cook University’s Vice Chancellor and President Professor Sandra Harding said that the award affirmed JCU Singapore’s position as an institution of higher education in Singapore.
“Since we started our operations in Singapore in 2003, we have committed ourselves to deliver quality education and ensure that our business processes are consistent with the demands of the Singapore education sector,” she said.
“We are still a relatively new player in the Singapore education landscape and this award will certainly spur us to achieve more for our students.
“I want to thank the staff and students of JCU Singapore whose efforts earned this award,” Professor Harding said.
The University’s Deputy Vice Chancellor and Head of the JCU Singapore campuses, Dr Dale Anderson, said that he considered it vital for JCU Singapore to maintain a strong and wholesome presence in Singapore.
“In Singapore, as with most other Asian countries, education is regarded as one of the most important aspects of life,” Dr Anderson said, “and it is our responsibility as an institution to provide the best possible educational offering to students who have chosen to enrol with us.
“With this in mind, we will not hesitate to invest our efforts and resources to create a learning environment that will appeal to our target audience.
“We are delighted with this award from AustCham but our journey does not stop as we believe that we have to work even harder now to ensure that our standing as a quality education provider remains high” Dr Anderson said.
Issued: October 18, 2012
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture