You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Featured News JCU’s five star graduates’ rating
JCU’s five star graduates’ rating
JCU’s five star graduates’ rating
James Cook University has achieved a five star result in the latest edition of the Good Universities Guide, with its graduates continuing to be highly sought after by employers.
For the fourth year in a row, the authoritative tertiary education guide has given JCU a five star rating in the category “Getting a full-time job”. Only six other universities scored as high.
The rating means that JCU is in the top 20% of universities whose graduates (aged under 25) were able to find full time work within four months of graduation.
Published today (August 11th), the guide found that JCU graduates are now being paid more when they get a job. JCU’s rating for a graduate’s starting salary has risen from two stars to three.
JCU is also receiving a greater share of research funding, with its rating for research grants rising from two to three stars.
James Cook University continues to record extremely strong results in the areas of teaching quality, socio-economic equity, and the teaching of generic skills. JCU received four stars in the three categories – the second highest rating possible.
JCU Vice Chancellor, Professor Sandra Harding said the ratings continue to confirm the University’s strong performance in teaching and research.
Professor Harding said she is particularly pleased that the University’s graduates are in such high demand.
“This year’s guide yet again confirms that JCU is making a difference to the people of the Tropics.”
“It’s great news that our graduates continue to quickly find work once they complete their studies,” she said.
As JCU expands, the guide has upgraded the University’s status from a “small” institution to an “average”-sized university. Average-sized universities are those with more than 20,000 students.
The guide also found that nearly two-thirds of JCU’s undergraduates study full-time and on campus.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture