You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Featured News New campus for JCU Singapore
New campus for JCU Singapore
New campus for JCU Singapore
James Cook University has succeeded in acquiring a new property from the Singapore Government to accommodate the expansion of its operations in the island nation.
The new JCU Singapore campus, located at 149 Sims Drive in the eastern part of the island, is a short distance from the Central Business District (CBD). It is also near the newly completed Singapore Sports Hub.
Deputy Vice Chancellor and Head of the Singapore campus, Dr Dale Anderson said that the new campus has a gross floor area almost three times greater than the current main campus at 600 Upper Thomson Road.
“This new campus, which was the site of a major public high school, will provide us with the opportunity to amalgamate all our operations within a single site, and it will definitely contribute to enhancing a more positive student experience,” he said.
"We can hopefully gain some traction in terms of partnering with business organisations by being in close proximity to the CBD and exciting new developments, such as the immense Singapore Sports Hub, that are taking shape in this part of Singapore," Dr Anderson added.
The Vice Chancellor of JCU, Professor Sandra Harding said the new and bigger campus would further enhance JCU's role as a leading provider of tertiary education in the region.
“We have been growing our presence in the Singapore education sector over the past decade and making positive contributions to developing the human capital of not only Singapore, but also other countries in Asia,” Professor Harding said.
Professor Harding explained that the JCU presence in Singapore added more prominence to the University's tropical agenda.
“Singapore is arguably the most advanced tropical country, and by being in the country, we have been able to work collaboratively with leading local institutions and government agencies to pursue our objective of creating a brighter future for life in the Tropics world-wide,” she added.
Refurbishment works for the new campus at Sims Drive are expected to commence in the middle of August and the campus will be operational by February 2015.
JCU Singapore currently operates from two campuses located at 600 Upper Thomson Road and 10 Ang Mo Kio Street 54, but the leases for these campuses will expire in 2017 and 2015 respectively.
Suhaimy Hassan, Principal Policy Officer, JCU Singapore email: firstname.lastname@example.org
First published August 5, 2014
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture